Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Should have kept Maty Ryan. Play Steele next game. Sanchez has had heaps of time and he's always one game away from his next goalkeeping turd!
Should of kept.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Good point away from home.
I thought it was a shitty point with two definitely lost, which could cost us Europe. We played them off the park, showed ourselves to be a clearly superior team as we know we are but failed today at both ends of the pitch. Oh, well. No team is going to win every match I suppose, but of course we should have won this one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rushworth having a good season at Lincoln.

Get him in the squad next season. Sanchez knows he can drop 20 crosses and still get picked
Why would Rushworth get thrown in but Steele not ?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I think if I was a Palace fan tonight, I would be thinking we are light-years away from Brighton at the moment.
They must be gutted about how good we are.
To be fair a quick look on their board and they do acknowledge this and that they are very poor. Let's hope the others at the bottom can rise above them.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Overall, that was shit.
We smashed them over the 90 mins and STILL can't win.
Watching it on a dodgy stream, we were so much in control.
The Sanchez error to gift them a point was ridiculous.
That said, we should gave been well clear, by then.
Gutted to throw away 2 points, tbh.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Thoroughly depressing, been to that hole enough times for a lifetime now and still yet to see us win there.

Served only as a nice reminder of how shit their ground is, and how much of a dump Croydon is.

March was class today, apart from that corner... Shame we didn't make them pay first half, could have been 3 or 4 all told.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
God I bloody hate playing Palace. Yet another 1-1 and another game we’ve completed dominated had 1 million shots and then they have like 1 attack a ball in our box and 99 times out of 100 Sanchez catches it and we win 1-0, but for some reason let’s it slip out of his hands unchallenged and of course it falls in the 6 yard box to a Palace player to nod into an open goal. Ridiculously frustrating. What can you say? We’ve seen this match many times before. We didn’t lose I suppose. We’re still having a great season, let’s not torture ourselves over this game. We are cursed against Palace!
closer to a billion shots surely....!!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
From the BBC website:
Brighton winger Solly March: "It is frustrating, we dominated the game. We had a few chances to kill the game off and unfortunately for us it wasn't to be. It was one of those days.

"It always seem to be the same against Palace. They always seem to be able to find a goal. Nothing against Rob but it was a mistake and that happens."

It’s all been said, weird things happen in derby games and they always will. Do we have the better team? Yes. Did we show that? Mostly yes. So all good for me

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Im not impressed with Undav. He was played because the manager thought he was a better link up player than Ferguson, but he only managed a 45% pass completion rate and he just looks like he's not in sync with the rest of the team.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I thought it was a shitty point with two definitely lost, which could cost us Europe. We played them off the park, showed ourselves to be a clearly superior team as we know we are but failed today at both ends of the pitch. Oh, well. No team is going to win every match I suppose, but of course we should have won this one.
Been happening all my life. I’m constantly amazed why I ever expect anything other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here