Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton And Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Palace now have two excuses. Midway through the second half when Zaha was being a nuisance, all my worse fears of a spoilt Monday night were over.

Palace were not as good as I thought they would be. Moxey looked dodgy but Gabbidon looked sound.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In the BBC live report on the website, it states at 21:11 that "Murray is not the kind of striker to go down easily". Now, i wish him all the best, but who do they get to write these things? Clearly someone who has never been to Withdean or Selhurst Park.

Thanks for this... a genuine LOL moment for me ...

good post sir :bigwave:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Palace were shit!

1st half tactics: Boot it in the air toward Murray

2nd half tactics: boot it in the air, press and muscle the smaller Albion mid fielders on the bouncing 50/50 balls.

kick it to Winifrid if you can.

The pikeys reckoned our ploughfield pitch worked against their slick passing last time at the Amex, are they ****ing joking?

They're a non league kick and rush out fit at heart. :sick:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
@FootyHumour: While Wilfried Zaha is in Wayne Bridge's pocket, John Terry is in Wayne Bridge's girlfriend.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
A tad anxious at nil each. One nil down we would have to attack from the off on Monday. Still reckon we will progress no probs though :)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I like this bit from the Telegraph's report...

It was a clash of antagonistic styles, too; the immaculate order of Gus Poyet’s Brighton against the organised chaos of Ian Holloway’s Palace; technique versus tenacity. There is something of Brendan Rodgers’ Swansea in this Brighton side: they had more natural width, a little more poise in possession an effective pivot in Liam Bridcutt, the tiny holding midfielder with a turning circle thrillingly close to zero. Palace, meanwhile, played with thrust and muscle, getting the ball forward as quickly as possible and working the rest out later.

Nice.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

It was a clash of antagonistic styles, too; the immaculate order of Gus Poyet’s Brighton against the organised chaos of Ian Holloway’s Palace; technique versus tenacity. There is something of Brendan Rodgers’ Swansea in this Brighton side: they had more natural width, a little more poise in possession an effective pivot in Liam Bridcutt, the tiny holding midfielder with a turning circle thrillingly close to zero. Palace, meanwhile, played with thrust and muscle, getting the ball forward as quickly as possible and working the rest out later.

Nice.

very good, we better go up because Bridders is on every clubs shopping list

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed

Nice.

Luckily, there wasn't any of this :lolol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Nice.

That's brilliant. I just read the Telegraph's match report though, and that paragraph wasn't included. Were there two reports?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/10050599/Crystal-Palace-0-Brighton-0-match-report.html

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Nice.

Part of me still can't get my head around the fact that words like that are written about US and OUR playing style.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
That's brilliant. I just read the Telegraph's match report though, and that paragraph wasn't included. Were there two reports? [/URL]

It seems there were. The version I read was online last night and I posted it before midnight. It seems like it's been edited since. Shame.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
monday all depends on tactics......if Poyet goes cagey and defensive i have fear.......we need to go at them from the off - get the first goal - then close up shop and hit them on the break.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Palace cannot play quite so badly again. We can play better as well. It is gonna be very close. I hope the home crowd is up for it and not too nervous.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Palace cannot play quite so badly again. We can play better as well. It is gonna be very close. I hope the home crowd is up for it and not too nervous.

**** Palace, We need to sort ourselves out, That 2nd half was dire. Very Sloppy passing, Passing the ball back to the Goalie when not even under pressure, Passing ACROSS the bloody goal definitely a :nono:

Trying to be too clever with the ball and giving possession away when they aren't that ****ing good.

Making Gus :rant: because they weren't doing as they were told, and not even doing the basics.

So come on lads. Sort it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here