Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace FC

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Oh dear :facepalm:

150 people broke into the ground. Over 1000 attended the demo. You should probably get your facts right before shouting about how pathetic we are on a message board. As for too little too late, that's because we've been kept completely in the dark over this whole thing. We've had little idea over who's to blame, who's a part of this consortium or what's hindering the takeover. Today was the first time we actually gained any idea of what's going on.

Surely groundsharing must be an option to keep yourselves going..it might be shit but at least you would still have a club

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

150 people broke into the ground. Over 1000 attended the demo. You should probably get your facts right before shouting about how pathetic we are on a message board. As for too little too late, that's because we've been kept completely in the dark over this whole thing. We've had little idea over who's to blame, who's a part of this consortium or what's hindering the takeover. Today was the first time we actually gained any idea of what's going on.

I'm not shouting and I've not called anyone pathetic. I will call you unbelievably naive, though to think that raising the profile of your club's plight hasn't been at the top of your agenda.

As for your mass demo. - Hate to say it, but the whole thing is a bit Mickey Mouse. Not my words, one of your fellow fans

CPFC BBS - View Single Post - CPFC2010 Statement

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
At this rate, this time next year they'll be telling stories about the bank holiday monday where 10,000 palace fans marched to Selhurst and held a 48 hour vigil on the pitch

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

As for too little too late, that's because we've been kept completely in the dark over this whole thing. .

Well I'm not a Palace fan and I've known for some time that a consortium was trying to buy the ground and strike up deal with the ground owners. Which part have you guys been kept in the dark about, or were you expecting a daily update on negotiations?

Come on admit it, you've just ASSUMED that because you've been here before and it got sorted it would happen again. I even remember some Palace fans on here saying exactly that a month or so ago.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
On the BBC some guy has posted stating

We would urge the new Prime Minister to intervene personally to resolve the situation

CPFC 2010

Now now Mr Cameron
Don't you intervene!
and while your at it , have the same talk with HM the 'lizibeth queen'
We don't want the Pikeys to go under
but more suffering must occur
and no public funded bail-out,please! It would just not be fair

Pompeyscum now Pal@rse are paying for the profligate spending they have shown
South Lundin Sunday League Division 3 (West) is where they should thrown!

Edgar Allan Toilet

TNBA
TTF

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Surely groundsharing must be an option to keep yourselves going..it might be shit but at least you would still have a club

Agreed. We did it at Gillingham and that was one of the worst periods in our history - the football offered up was worse than shite it was utter shite - but at least the club kept going. Similar situation with Charlton - stayed at Selhurst and also at Upton Park for one (or was it two?) seasons as well. It is really pox not having your own home but as Portslade seagull says, at least you would still have a club.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. We did it at Gillingham and that was one of the worst periods in our history - the football offered up was worse than shite it was utter shite - but at least the club kept going. Similar situation with Charlton - stayed at Selhurst and also at Upton Park for one (or was it two?) seasons as well. It is really pox not having your own home but as Portslade seagull says, at least you would still have a club.

As an Albion fan this would be the ideal end scenario of all of this for our old rivals :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I suppose you say "I'm en route" instead of "I'm on my way", and "oh deja vu" instead of "this is familiar". Why do you hate your country so much?! :wink:

There is no word in the English language to convey the meaning of schaudenfreude though is there, it's a bit like the Spanish word simpatico, where again there is no comparative English word. Nothing wrong with using these words imo.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

So it's gone from 150 to 600 to over 1000? :lol: You lot are a joke.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
palace fans have shown themselves to be extremely naive, extremely thick and extremely bad supporters. their defense for a lack of action was that 'well we were told it was all fine by the administrator' is laughable, and certainly not an excuse. worrying facts and figures and clear problems have been in the public domain for a while now.

when you compare the huge-scale and properly planned fight that we fought to save our club with their sit on the sofa and grumble approach... well i'm sorry but it looks to me like you don't care that much. do you have your club in your hearts and souls like we do (and proved it over and over and over again)? certainly doesn't look it. very very very poor effort.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I suppose you say "I'm en route" instead of "I'm on my way", and "oh deja vu" instead of "this is familiar". Why do you hate your country so much?! :wink:

Hate my country - WTF are you exactly banging on about ??

I mistakenly thought this was a thread about the demise of our great rivals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here