Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace Away

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Why don't you go on a Palace forum and ask them instead of inciting the usual jealosy fueled hate comments that youll get from brighton fans?

As I have an affinity to Brighton and also I am looking for an away fans view! If you read my question it was very much aimed at an away fans view where I am travelling to the game from an area that is in the Brighton catchment area

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As I have an affinity to Brighton and also I am looking for an away fans view! If you read my question it was very much aimed at an away fans view where I am travelling to the game from an area that is in the Brighton catchment area

You may as well talk to a brick wall Tom as you wont get a decent reply from that lot.
I would drink in Lewes or near Brighton station as others have advised.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
As a Sunderland fan we are playing there next weekend, what is normally the away pub as I thought you lot may know!

This season, the police are trying to make all pubs in Norwood home fans only.
Most Sunderland will probably gather around London Bridge and jump on a late train to Norwood Junction.
If you're travelling up from bandit country, you could hop off at East Croydon and have a beer around there, it's only 5 minutes away from Selhurst on the train ( one stop).
Word of advice though Tom, make sure you pick up your Sunderland scarf, and not the weed one :thumbsup:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
So none of the Palace fans have anything to say about the Man Utd shirts or the "returning" thousands?

Oh. Funny that.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Most Sunderland will probably gather around London Bridge and jump on a late train to Norwood Junction.
If you're travelling up from bandit country, you could hop off at East Croydon and have a beer around there, it's only 5 minutes away from Selhurst on the train ( one stop).
Word of advice though Tom, make sure you pick up your Sunderland scarf, and not the weed one :thumbsup:

Whats the Weed one?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Yeah there are some lovely pubs around East Croydon (not). Borough Market pubs at London Bridge would be my recommendation, The Market Porter does Harveys, or the Wheatsheaf.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I was looking to travel up from Eastbourne and its a 5.30 k/o so didnt really want to go in to town! Was thinking instead of going to Brighton on route does The Prince Albert have that new BT channel for the early kick off?

If you go direct from Eastbourne, you could try The Porter and Sorter at the back of East Croydon station.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The Pawsons arms is OK for small numbers of away support, and also the Weatherspoons in south norwood high street. I have never seen or heard of a problem with small numbers of away fans in most of the pubs in the area, as long as they are not being overly noisy....in fact lets be honest that goes with most pubs around grounds all over the country. Its not the 80s anymore!! ( or is iy because I am older and know when to keep my mouth shut?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here