Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
So the Croydon Advertiser journalist has just made the story up. There was a thread on NSC if you care to check on how many candidates for the manager's position turned it down over a four week period. If I said black was black you would come back and argue it wasn't.

Stephen Browett denied we offered the job to anyone, we had talks but never officially offered the job to anyone.

I'm not really sure what your point is, we have arguably the best man for the job. West Brom took a month themselves and employed someone who's never managed in England!

Dec 3, 2012
So the Croydon Advertiser journalist has just made the story up. There was a thread on NSC if you care to check on how many candidates for the manager's position turned it down over a four week period. If I said black was black you would come back and argue it wasn't.

If I couldn't see that it was black with my own eyes I might do yeah.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
More to the point regarding Vicente that he may have been a free transfer but he was on a pretty hefty package for someone who has had atrocious luck with injuries and despite some fleeting appearances which I'm sure will live long in the memory, he cost you a pretty penny over the 2 seasons.

If Ince signs and scores the goals that keep us up, it'll be entirely worth it regardless of whether he stays. Unfortunately, him signing and staying up are still two big if's IMO.

Do you know Churley, as a Brighton fan I always wondered what money Vicente was paid for the two years he was here. So please tell me how much a week he was getting and how you know this to be true?

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Fosters in pedantic shocker !!
I'm sorry, I was 7% out on my figures.
My point still stands, Tottenham had more possession,but lost 6-0.
Stats can be misleading.
Oh dear you don't get it do you. You stated that Spurs had 60% possession which meant Man City had 40% = 20% difference , unlike the actual 6% difference.
That's not being pedantic it's being factual. I bet you were on the Palace board during the clubs fall into both administrations

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Oh dear you don't get it do you. You stated that Spurs had 60% possession which meant Man City had 40% = 20% difference , unlike the actual 6% difference.
That's not being pedantic it's being factual. I bet you were on the Palace board during the clubs fall into both administrations

Talking about being factual, is the £1 mill loan fee being paid for Ince come a reliable source ?

jojobarnet

May 28, 2013

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not really it came from a posting by one of your fans on the transfer section, to be honest.

Did I not say a reported and not fact?

You really do hate all things Palace don't you !
Have you ever been to Rome to meet the pope ?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Palace fans no good with numbers, who'd have thunk it :lol:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I won't lie yes, I truly do and it goes back a long long time.

What is the reason for the hate ?
I don't hate weeds, I come on here to try to put a Palace perspective on the numerous Palace threads started by yourselves.
If some think that's trolling, so be it, but you really come across as a bitter old man.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What is the reason for the hate ?
I don't hate weeds, I come on here to try to put a Palace perspective on the numerous Palace threads started by yourselves.
If some think that's trolling, so be it, but you really come across as a bitter old man.

All my family are or have been Palace fans and I have taken a lot of stick from them over the years. I had an Uncle who was on Palace books, My Grandfather and even my Father all real Palace fans. In truth if my father had not moved to Brighton for work when I was a young lad then I could have been Palace. But fortunately I had a lucky escape and went to the Goldstone as a young lad and was hooked.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Do you know Churley, as a Brighton fan I always wondered what money Vicente was paid for the two years he was here. So please tell me how much a week he was getting and how you know this to be true?

I wondered too and Bozza himself confirmed he was on a high wage, I won't pretend to be ITK 100% but someone at the club who may have been putting 2 +2 together also told me the same.

Ultimately the bloke said in the press that he rejected moves to Turkey prior to joining you, they offer serious wonga over there so I'd be mightily surprised if he was on a low salary.

Edgar Davids was on 10k a week for us, fortunately it was PAYP but it was still a disaster.

Frank Provocation

Dec 11, 2013
All my family are or have been Palace fans and I have taken a lot of stick from them over the years. I had an Uncle who was on Palace books, My Grandfather and even my Father all real Palace fans. In truth if my father had not moved to Brighton for work when I was a young lad then I could have been Palace. But fortunately I had a lucky escape and went to the Goldstone as a young lad and was hooked.

Holy shit! to Palace fans, that probably makes you The Antichrist. With these Revelations I think you may need to be banned, you could be a Bad Omen.

Frank Provocation

Dec 11, 2013

I feel an episode of Jeremy Kyle brewing. Hey Headband, did they make you repeat goal scorers names? chant to daddys big drum? What went on in the headband household? I'm thinking worse than the Joseph Fritzl dungeon. You poor c***!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here