Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
That Palace guy was a scumbag for not honoring his bet! Oh... you didn't honor yours either? This is awkward.

It is awkward but he will see sense and pay up the two £50 's to two charitys of his choice ( as he pays so much to them )
FWIW if i lose ( dont ) i was going to nominate either geoff thomas foundation or scarlets fundraiser on our side and the remf for you . Over to you footloose !

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is this the right thread to say I have enormous if grudging respect for Palace for what they are doing this season?

Probably not. But I'm going to anyway.

They were down for all money, it has been a near miracle.

They weren't a better team than us last year (not by May, anyway), and I honestly think we were better equipped to give the Prem a better go with the squad as it stood, prior to any additions.

But that is old news and Pulis is a miracle worker. Plus the fans have been fantastic getting behind their team. There, I feel dirty.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Is this the right thread to say I have enormous if grudging respect for Palace for what they are doing this season?

They weren't a better team than us last year (not by May, anyway), and I honestly think we were better equipped to give the Prem a better go with the squad as it stood, prior to any additions.

But that is old news and Pulis is a miracle worker. Plus the fans have been fantastic getting behind their team. There, I feel dirty.

Thank you tooting , that took some doing i bet .

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Listen you vile disgusting bit of trash. I donate to all kind of Charity's and have donated to Albion fans on here and towards our phone in so I'll donate when you scum fans pay up and I don't need to justify myself to the likes of you scum bags. As for losing face, well, it'll only be to your likes so do you think I'm really bothered.

Do one cock.

Robbing a charity.

Wow, what a selfish, pathetic individual you are.

You must be so proud.

P.S This comes from a person who did pay his charity bets last season vs a Brighton fan on the BBS. Who also paid his debts.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Sadly, and most shamefacedly I'm in total agreement. Because of course we don't really hate them, (or do we) we like to think we do and as footy supporters we need to back our club and it's traditions.
And honesty seeming to be the order of the day admit that I wish Oscar had the wherefore all of Pulis, who seems to have buckets more oomph, which he has instilled into his team. Good luck to them especially as this will in probability mean I will be able to boo Gus next year. :blush:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Administration to established in the PL in 4 years. You have to give it to Palace, ethics aside, they have a business model that has worked.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
If we beat Villa next week, we're virtually there, and that will be a great achievement.
Pulis has done a remarkable job, and we look a solid team, not scoring many, but not conceding either.
It's amazing what's happened in two seasons, at the beginning of last season we were favourites to go down, but now it looks like we may have maintained our premier status.
It gives hope to all championship teams, get in the right people and the fans behind you, and you can do it.

Finally a word on Footsoldier, if he has any decency he will pay up, but I fear he will flounce or deliberately get banned.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If we beat Villa next week, we're virtually there, and that will be a great achievement.
Pulis has done a remarkable job, and we look a solid team, not scoring many, but not conceding either.
It's amazing what's happened in two seasons, at the beginning of last season we were favourites to go down, but now it looks like we may have maintained our premier status.
It gives hope to all championship teams, get in the right people and the fans behind you, and you can do it.

Finally a word on Footsoldier, if he has any decency he will pay up, but I fear he will flounce or deliberately get banned.

There is no question CPFC2010 is a well run entity, a lot of Palace fans didn't want Pulis for fear of dull football but you can't argue he gets results

As for Freedman he must thinking what could have been, his stock has dropped massively.

Feb 14, 2010
Palace players and manager showed a huge desire to get to the top flight (unlike their fans who didnt watch them in the Championship). Contrast this to Brighton whose players showed no desire in the play offs and a manager who was sacked. Again compare the Brighton fans who turned up top the tune of 28000 every week. Now Palace players and coaches have shown a further great desire to stay in the top flight and surprise surprise, palace can fill a ground when Arsenal turn up. Back at Brighton, nothing changes. 28000 still turn up and the players at Brighton show no desire to get promotion.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Palace players and manager showed a huge desire to get to the top flight (unlike their fans who didnt watch them in the Championship). Contrast this to Brighton whose players showed no desire in the play offs and a manager who was sacked. Again compare the Brighton fans who turned up top the tune of 28000 every week. Now Palace players and coaches have shown a further great desire to stay in the top flight and surprise surprise, palace can fill a ground when Arsenal turn up. Back at Brighton, nothing changes. 28000 still turn up and the players at Brighton show no desire to get promotion.

:ffsparr:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
So presumably Foot Soldier will now be pilloried by the Brighton faithful for the fact that he's welching on a bet?
Foot Soldier: Brighton's answer to Seaside?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Blimey is the Major back.

28000 turn up every week to the Amex, :rolleyes: But how comes your away support is so average?

675 at Barnsley
272 at Blackburn
414 at Sheffield Wed

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013

Am I the only one imagining him with fingers in his ear, saying 'la la la la' out loud, everytime anyone points out the flaws in his logic?

Mate, you may have (recently, at least) had some extra bums on seats, but that's because you've got some new seats and are playing at a reasonable level of football. Take away the stadium and Championship football and you'd be back to Withdean attendances again.

I say bums on seats, because regardless of the numbers, you generate the atmosphere of The Emirates on a quiet day. It gets slightly louder when you're given clappers, song sheets or collectively dressed like someone from Spain for the day.

I would invite you to debate this, but I've probably been to the Falmer more than you - and I support Palace.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton

:clap2: comedy gold Pridey! And no mention of York or Rochdale? You're losing your touch fella

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Blimey is the Major back.

28000 turn up every week to the Amex, :rolleyes: But how comes your away support is so average?

675 at Barnsley
272 at Blackburn
414 at Sheffield Wed

We spend our money in our stadium, beers before the match, half time and after the match, for some.
Costs a fortune to keep travelling up North and match ticket costs £25-£30, you have also mentioned two evening games here, us lot have jobs you know. :glare:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I said as soon as they got pulis they would stay up. i see nothing happening to change that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here