Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One of them is supposedly Tom Ince, who after concluding his tour of the UK might have decided to sign for us if the papers are to be believed. :clap2:
If Vucinic signs for Arsenal we'll be back in for Bendtner and he should be open to the move considering he'd agreed to sign for us in the Summer.
Also Ivan Ramis was at the training ground yesterday.

Ince has the skill and ability to play for a top half of the table club , Liverpool are rumoured to be interested in re-acquiring him.

Didn't Bendtner turn up at Smellhurst , had a look round and left 20 minutes later ?

Ivan Ramis - could do a job

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Ince has the skill and ability to play for a top half of the table club , Liverpool are rumoured to be interested in re-acquiring him.

Didn't Bendtner turn up at Smellhurst , had a look round and left 20 minutes later ?

Ivan Ramis - could do a job

They are. First team football will be our only draw. Apparently it might have been enough, but we'll see tomorrow.

Bendtner agreed to come but Arsenal wouldn't let him go as they couldn't sign cover in time.

Ramis was bloody good for Wigan. His injury at the end of their PL season was apparently a major contributing factor for their relegation.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ince has gone on loan to Palace until the end of the season

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Paying Blackpool a reported £1 million for the loan until end of the season. Then he is apparently looking to go to Monaco as a free agent!
Apparently Swansea declined this deal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Paying Blackpool a reported £1 million for the loan until end of the season. Then he is apparently looking to go to Monaco as a free agent!
Apparently Swansea declined this deal.

Aaah it all makes sense now! I thought for a min he'd gone to palace out of choice :lol: 1mil for a loan deal for a few months - ouch!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Aaah it all makes sense now! I thought for a min he'd gone to palace out of choice :lol: 1mil for a loan deal for a few months - ouch!

And of course if Paddy is correct, then they have the added cost of signing Puncheon before tomorrow. I bet his club are rubbing their hands over the deal, they have Palace by the short and curlies now this has been announced. They will get a top price for Puncheon now.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Swansea declined but Ince chose Palace over Liverpool, Stoke etc.

In contrast, Wilf went to Cardiff for £1.5m and 35k p/w.

And of course if Paddy is correct, then they have the added cost of signing Puncheon before tomorrow. I bet his club are rubbing their hands over the deal, they have Palace by the short and curlies now this has been announced. They will get a top price for Puncheon now.

Only £1.75m apparently :)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

£1.75m a absolute steal !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 36s
Sky Sources: Blackpool’s Tom Ince to have more talks with Crystal Palace #SSN
Has Rohan spoken to him and told him not to make a hasty decision ?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

There's no guarantee he'll join Monaco, IF he joins us (I'm still sceptical), he'll be putting himself in the shop window and may even sign with us if we stay up and he feels suffiently wanted.

It's not a bad deal IMO, it's far better than Edgar Davids and Vicente.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's no guarantee he'll join Monaco, IF he joins us (I'm still sceptical), he'll be putting himself in the shop window and may even sign with us if we stay up and he feels suffiently wanted.

It's not a bad deal IMO, it's far better than Edgar Davids and Vicente.

Vicente? What was the deal and what did he bring to us?

I suppose it's better than spunking loads and getting in financial trouble. I think Parish has his head screwed on tbf. Saying that all due respect I don't think ud have had a chance on a perm signing. Trouble u have is if he does well for u there will be bigger clubs coming in in the Summer with more money & credentials etc. I just think paying that much for a loan move is odd...

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Vicente? What was the deal and what did he bring to us?

I suppose it's better than spunking loads and getting in financial trouble. I think Parish has his head screwed on tbf. Saying that all due respect I don't think ud have had a chance on a perm signing. Trouble u have is if he does well for u there will be bigger clubs coming in in the Summer with more money & credentials etc. I just think paying that much for a loan move is odd...

More to the point regarding Vicente that he may have been a free transfer but he was on a pretty hefty package for someone who has had atrocious luck with injuries and despite some fleeting appearances which I'm sure will live long in the memory, he cost you a pretty penny over the 2 seasons.

If Ince signs and scores the goals that keep us up, it'll be entirely worth it regardless of whether he stays. Unfortunately, him signing and staying up are still two big if's IMO.

Dec 3, 2012
It was reported in the Croydon Advertiser on November 19th if you really want to know.

"Crystal Palace reportedly reopen talks with Tony Pulis
By Croydon Advertiser | Posted: November 19, 2013

pulis
Crystal Palace have reportedly reopened talks with Tony Pulis
Comments (0)
CRYSTAL Palace have reopened talks with Tony Pulis about becoming their new manager, national media reports suggest.

The former Stoke City boss was the favourite to land the role immediately after Ian Holloway's departure on October 23, but speculation has since cooled, with reports suggesting his wage demands were in the region £1.5m per year.

A number of names have been linked to the Eagles hotseat, including Aitor Karanka, Rene Meulenstein, Sean Dyche, Alan Pardew and Alex McLeish, to name a few.

Dan Petrescu held talks with Palace over the weekend but it seems he is now out of the running, instead concentrating on duties with club Dinamo Moscow.

And this evening, it has emerged Pulis is back in the frame for the position after conducting an interview on a regional radio station.

He was quoted: "I've had a nice break with the family, but I want to get back in the game.

"It's trying to find the right club. It's got to be a challenge. I enjoy picking clubs up and trying to make something of them.

"The phone has been busy. I couldn't tell you if my next job is going to be up north, in the middle of the country or down south.

"It's been nice to have a break and not worry too much. We'll see what happens."

Caretaker boss Keith Millen has been preparing the squad for this Saturday's trip to Hull City, but should talks progress with Pulis, Palace would indeed be boosted by the 55-year-old's arrival."

Again no quotes to back up what you said. Nothing about the increase of salary or loads of other managers interviewed. Just "reports suggesting". Means nothing

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
More to the point regarding Vicente that he may have been a free transfer but he was on a pretty hefty package for someone who has had atrocious luck with injuries and despite some fleeting appearances which I'm sure will live long in the memory, he cost you a pretty penny over the 2 seasons.

If Ince signs and scores the goals that keep us up, it'll be entirely worth it regardless of whether he stays. Unfortunately, him signing and staying up are still two big if's IMO.

Of course he will be worth it if u stay up etc. point is I don't know what Vicente was on - I've in fact been told two complete diff things on that but yes it didn't work on the injury front. He was more than a few fleeting appearances to me and I wouldn't change that - was amazing to watch at the time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Again no quotes to back up what you said. Nothing about the increase of salary or loads of other managers interviewed. Just "reports suggesting". Means nothing

So the Croydon Advertiser journalist has just made the story up. There was a thread on NSC if you care to check on how many candidates for the manager's position turned it down over a four week period. If I said black was black you would come back and argue it wasn't.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
So the Croydon Advertiser journalist has just made the story up. There was a thread on NSC if you care to check on how many candidates for the manager's position turned it down over a four week period. If I said black was black you would come back and argue it wasn't.

So the Croydon Advertiser is to be believed this time, but the Wilbraham rumour that comes from the same paper is a load of rubbish and must have been written as a joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here