Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
We'll be back in the relegation zone tomorrow given how tough our game is and the fact all the sides around us seem to be playing with us. I'm looking forward to going but I'm just hoping it's a respectable scoreline and we don't pick up any more injuries as Norwich is a far bigger game.

Still, bloomin' delighted to be out of the relegation zone, it's far from over though.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I'm not just saying this but I'd rather be in the Championship playing good football than getting neck ache in the Prem watching a team managed by that dinosaur Pulis.

In the Championship losing to top teams like Barnsley and Charlton, really good football? your easily pleased. The only place we should want to be is in the prem. People should stop this fixation on Palace criticising their past manager who successfully outwitted us last year and their current manager who is getting them out of the relegation zone. I would willingly swap places with them and so would our chairman.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Yet thrash the top team like Leicester......

Anyone can raise their game for the visit of a top 2 team that was (and still is) flying at the time.

In recent weeks you have drawn with Bournemouth and Huddersfield and lost to Barnsley and Charlton. You're prob the most mediocre side in the division and I fully expect you to finish around the 10th-13th mark.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
Anyone can raise their game for the visit of a top 2 team that was (and still is) flying at the time.

In recent weeks you have drawn with Bournemouth and Huddersfield and lost to Barnsley and Charlton. You're prob the most mediocre side in the division and I fully expect you to finish around the 10th-13th mark.

i agree, for yet another season Brighton will be the best supported side in the division it plays in and again better supported than you are despite being a division below, but yes the players are not as good as the support they receive. Ever was thus at brighton, unlike palace, where you get 10,000 at home for midweek championship games but have a side far better than you support. I know who I'd rather support tho', it sort of gives me a warm glow to follow a side where the players are not as good as the support. Something very English about it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
i agree, for yet another season Brighton will be the best supported side in the division it plays in and again better supported than you are despite being a division below, but yes the players are not as good as the support they receive. Ever was thus at brighton, unlike palace, where you get 10,000 at home for midweek championship games but have a side far better than you support. I know who I'd rather support tho', it sort of gives me a warm glow to follow a side where the players are not as good as the support. Something very English about it.

Just got to be patient. The stadium and fans are in place now. The academy will have 12 pitches, one a replica of the Amex pitch. The gym and offices and treatment rooms etc. will help the team and the youngsters. No administrations or welshing on paying debts (twice) and a decent area to attract players.
Let's face it would you rather live and play for/in Brighton.......or Croydon.
I rest my case.
A few years from now.......I have a dream :)

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
i agree, for yet another season Brighton will be the best supported side in the division it plays in and again better supported than you are despite being a division below, but yes the players are not as good as the support they receive. Ever was thus at brighton, unlike palace, where you get 10,000 at home for midweek championship games but have a side far better than you support. I know who I'd rather support tho', it sort of gives me a warm glow to NOT GO AND SUPPORT A SIDE(UNLESS THEY ARE CHELSEA) a side where the players are not as good as the support. Something very English about it.

Fixed it for you

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Who are you trying to kid?

You don't seem to realise that your current high support is down to your new stadium and playing the big boys in The Championship after years in the wilderness playing teams like Rotherham, Wycombe and Bury. You couldn't even sell out an 8k capacity Withdean a few years back.

Wait and see, your gates will soon decline unless you get promoted soon. The fair weather plastic fans and JCL's will not go once the novelty wears off and history shows this starts to happen after the 4th season at a new stadium.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who are you trying to kid?

You don't seem to realise that your current high support is down to your new stadium and playing the big boys in The Championship after years in the wilderness playing teams like Rotherham, Wycombe and Bury. You couldn't even sell out an 8k capacity Withdean a few years back.

Wait and see, your gates will soon decline unless you get promoted soon. The fair weather plastic fans and JCL's will not go once the novelty wears off and history shows his starts to happen after the 4th season of a new stadium.

Correction, we actually have a stadium now, as by no stretch of the imagination could Withdean be called a football stadium. We paid our bills & taxes to stay in existence, rather than cheating by paying high wages to better players, going into administration twice & writing it all off.
Even if our gates fall, if we don't get promoted, I don't see them falling to your level.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Correction, we actually have a stadium now, as by no stretch of the imagination could Withdean be called a football stadium. We paid our bills & taxes to stay in existence, rather than cheating by paying high wages to better players, going into administration twice & writing it all off.
Even if our gates fall, if we don't get promoted, I don't see them falling to your level.

The usual dull 'admin' response. You know nothing about the full circumstances of that administration so your reply is pretty worthless.

Our team that beat you in the playoffs and went on to get promotion last season cost less that Ulloa. JAT

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The usual dull 'admin' response. You know nothing about the full circumstances of that administration so your reply is pretty worthless.

Our team that beat you in the playoffs and went on to get promotion last season cost less that Ulloa. JAT
Who's talking about transfer fees? It's wages that make a difference which is how you got Murray, by paying him 70% more wages than us.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Who's talking about transfer fees? It's wages that make a difference which is how you got Murray, by paying him 70% more wages than us.

Yeah, of course we did :lolol:

Ok, I'll amuse you. Who are these big name players we signed on massive wages that turned out to be amazing for us? The only big wage players we had in Jordan's reign where Akinbyi, Macken and Kuqi and they all turned out to be utter sh*t.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Actually we didn't pay all of our bills, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013

Murray came to a team with the Chairman talking about sustainable wages and transfer fees - having recently dug the club out of admin. If it was 70% more wages, we could afford it. With your move to the Amex, you could have afforded it to, but your manager didn't want to pay, that's all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here