Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Croydon in flames

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps we should get Afghan troops in to protect our streets.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
and now its moved to London Rd, Croydon

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
I'm going to shamelessly steal the comment my sister-in-law has just made on Facebook. Just about sums it up perfectly for me:

"In other countries people protest/riot for political freedom - how is it that in England people are doing it to nick a few televisions, satnavs, designer shell suits and crates of beer. I feel a deep sense of shame for what has become of my country."

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I completely agree with you but my argument was that it has nothing to do with whether or not corporal punishment is allowed.

But I'm not saying corporal punishment, as in corporal punishment in schools. I'm saying if kids are brought up with respect, they would not be out doing this. If they dont know right from wrong, because they have never faced consequences over there actions, other "oh please dont do that" then I'd imagine thats part of hte issue

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Oh there is. Both times they are cleaning up the f***ing mess Labour made
Violent crime always increases under Tory governments. Fact.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
That's really not far from Selhurst Park at all. I'd be very surprised if they play tomorrow.

If nothing else the police needed for the game will be otherwise occupied in Croydon or some where else in London, this is clearly not the end

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think its gone beyond the police. The police should not be dealing with this. Its time for the army. Innocent peoples homes and businesses are being destroyed. Police are powerless!! They bring in the army an start shooting the ringleaders. It will soon sort them out

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm just surprised, with the general stupidity and lack of discipline in the majority of the inner city youth these days, that this hasn't happened sooner - or that anyone is surprised by it. It's nothing to do with the Police shooting the other day, it's just because kids have realised that they can do it and get away with it - particularly when it happens en masse in many different areas at once.

Yep, that's certainly got to be one of the primary reasons why all this shit is kicking off. Will the politicos do anything to turn the tide though? Will they bollox. They'll just eventually come out with a load of old guff & blame everybody apart from themselves. Same old, same old.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
we would make a prime target for a take over from another country right now-troops millions of miles away(though they do have good reason)so make that not enough troops back here-years of weakness from liberal views and human rights campaigners,no discipline,far too many foreigner immigrants in a short period of time,people gauging themselves on all sorts of holidays,treats and tit bit's.

Coupled with a few riots and we're set.......soft as shit once Great Britain is taken over from the inside out.
:yawn:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I think a few matches could be called off. Leeds v Bradford is going to need a big police presence and there's problems up there.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here