Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Croydon in flames

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Sickening - these pictures are going out all over the world. This is not political it is criminal. although the police cuts are really telling now. I think this could go on all summer long. I have been back in the UK all summer and have had a brilliant time and have appreciated this country for all its qualities.Such a shame these vicious, odious, greedy, nasty little criminals have sullied it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Agreed 100%

There is a time for jocularity but that has certainly passed for the moment.

Agreed, our football rivalry with Palace is something completely different, this anarchy affects everyone...regardless of their age, gender, ethnicity or any other characteristic you can think of...football rivalry doesn't even come into it.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Gangs of yobs kicking off in Camden & Ealing now. I wouldn't be surprised if the centre of Brighton gets ransacked by little local shits very soon tbh.

I know someone who is in 'Red Team' (or another similar colour based code team name..) for Brighton council, and they are surprised that London is struggling, as all Cities have teams trained to deal with mass disorder.

Clearly the number of sporadic breakouts have caught London, but they are confident Brighton is 'ready and waiting' if it happens.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What's the betting that the locals get nicked for giving the little shits a kicking - whilst the Bus burners get off scot free?

I dont think that will happen mate.

I think if this goes on into tomorrow, and the army are not on the streets, then normal law abiding people will take the law into their own hands.

Hopefully this will make the governemt sit up and see the nicely nicely approach doesn't work.

The police are not in control. The army has to be brought in

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
There's some great posts on here.

Some are pathetic and really not the time or the place.

I'm about a mile from the nearest group of rioters. And I admit, i'm crapping myself.

As I posted earlier, there is a time for fun but, whereas I detach myself from most of that, I wish no-one to suffer from this mindless violence.

As another poster said - Hope you, and any other innocent bystanders, stay safe.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
There's some great posts on here.

Some are pathetic and really not the time or the place.

I'm about a mile from the nearest group of rioters. And I admit, i'm crapping myself.

Look after yourself Paul & let's hope & pray that those bastards that are wreaking havoc decide to piss off home asap - or get mercelessly battered into a pulp by the riot plod.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
What's the betting that the locals get nicked for giving the little shits a kicking - whilst the Bus burners get off scot free?

the precedents for a defence of self and property are much in their favour, I would expect anything short of continuing to beat them on the ground after they've stopped moving 150 yards away from the shop in question to get off. Also while I have many complaints about my experiences with the police I understand they are very helpful in making sure you're statement in these incidents is worded in a way to minimise the chances of prosecution (decision to prosecute is made by CPS not police)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Sickening - these pictures are going out all over the world. This is not political it is criminal. although the police cuts are really telling now. I think this could go on all summer long. I have been back in the UK all summer and have had a brilliant time and have appreciated this country for all its qualities.Such a shame these vicious, odious, greedy, nasty little criminals have sullied it.
Its not polital. Its nothing to do with police cuts. Aren't there more police on the streets now, then a few years ago?

Double the police numbers, this will still happen.

It wont go on all summer. If it does one of two things will happen. The army will have to control it, or normal people will take matters into their own hands, and a lot of dead little shits will be appearing all over London within weeks

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
the police cuts are really telling now.

Really? I ask genuinely having no idea.

What are the difference in policing levels now to a year ago?

From the TV coverage I've seen, there could be 5 times the number of police and they'd still be struggling.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
And every Tory government provides universal wealth?

Not at all. But the Labour administration in 1997 was not faced with a situation where one in every four pounds the government spent was borrowed from volatile markets largely bankrolled by an increasingly assertive China hiking interest rates in those markets to the extent that entire countries are going down the toilet.

In any event, the point is this. You cannot hold one government, of any political persuasion, responsible for this rioting.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone else feeling strangely upset by all of this?

It's difficult to understand that this is going on in OUR country.

It's sickening and depressing. I've lived in London for 20 years, it feels like it's being ripped apart tonight. As someone just texted me to say, it proves just how big a lawless underclass we have - people who just don't give a shit about their communities or the consequences of their actions on other people.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
the precedents for a defence of self and property are much in their favour, I would expect anything short of continuing to beat them on the ground after they've stopped moving 150 yards away from the shop in question to get off. Also while I have many complaints about my experiences with the police I understand they are very helpful in making sure you're statement in these incidents is worded in a way to minimise the chances of prosecution (decision to prosecute is made by CPS not police)

I agree if you stood outside your shop with a bat to protect it i doubt very much the Police would say a thing. They would probably give you a wink and a nod and say 'just dont kill them'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here