Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowds at CP and Watford

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
These are the average crowd figures for these two teams and has been for years. To keep going on about it is not going to change that fact.....it also is a bit sad to keep going on about it.

Well said , our average has been pretty steady and they are the die hards . I've no doubt the crowds would increase if we go up that's only natural , Jcl's and premiership lovers would return and that's the sad truth , but hey ho that's life .

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Can someone please remind me how many points are awarded each season for having higher average attendances? Anyone? Someone? Oh right the answer is 0, none, Zilch, nada, nothing. :D

Actually whilst attendence threads I find quite boring - I will respond to this point.

Larger attendances = higher receipts. Higher receiepts can in turn be translated into increased wage spend to attract players of a higher calibre. Great in theory but not always realised in reality.

The 17th......... hoping for a day to savour.......

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
There were more than 16,000 in Selhurst last night, don't forget us folk in Croydon are poor therefore a few must have jumped the gates without paying.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There were more than 16,000 in Selhurst last night, don't forget us folk in Croydon are poor therefore a few must have jumped the gates without paying.

This

Well said , our average has been pretty steady and they are the die hards . I've no doubt the crowds would increase if we go up that's only natural , Jcl's and premiership lovers would return and that's the sad truth , but hey ho that's life .

And this

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well said , our average has been pretty steady and they are the die hards . I've no doubt the crowds would increase if we go up that's only natural ,

asked a year ago, someone might have said "I've no doubt the crowds would increase if we're pushing for promotion". i think thats the point of the thread (there alot of your attendances are shit aaah threads, not sure this is), why hasnt attendances risen with success as normally expected? is it just down to price or is there indication losing underlying support? i dismiss "competition" reason as these clubs grew up in the first place with same London clubs nearby.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

A serious question asked about your current attendances by Beorhthelm above.

You constantly butt in to other threads to spread your hate so why can't you answer a sensible question that is directed at you?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Can someone please remind me how many points are awarded each season for having higher average attendances? Anyone? Someone? Oh right the answer is 0, none, Zilch, nada, nothing. :D

True but it does help pay for players, wages. and even improvement's to the stadium's e.t.c. but we know that in palarse case this don't apply.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A serious question asked about your current attendances by Beorhthelm above.

You constantly butt in to other threads to spread your hate so why can't you answer a sensible question that is directed at you?

I don't think I spread hate on threads , far from it . Our gates are not great and hopefully they will get better . The main thing with your gates is the new stadium which hopefully we will address when the times right . The hate seems to be coming one way on here ATM .

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I have to admit to always checking attendances in the sunday paper, always have done the geek in me finds it interesting. Saying that the minority of people who lord it over our rivals especially teams who have had bigger gates than us for generation bore me and make themselves look a bit of a knobhead.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
2011-12 Npower League Championship 15,219
2010-11 Npower League Championship 15,351
2009-10 Coca-Cola League Championship 14,945
2008-09 Coca-Cola League Championship 15,220
2007-08 Coca-Cola League Championship 16,030
2006-07 Coca-Cola League Championship 17,541

So far this season 16571 so to answer Beorhthelm, they have increased..but only by about 1000 on last year.

We are not all lucky enough to have increased attendance by 18/19000 and good luck to Brighton. But if you look at most clubs I think Palace are on of only 4 clubs to have increased their crowds this season in the championship.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Crawley were playing at home last night

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Did you know that we have already sold more tickets this season than we did for the whole of last season. FACT!

Is the major ( phallus ) aware of this fact ?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Did you know that we have already sold more tickets this season than we did for the whole of last season. FACT!

When will you learn, this doesn't get you any points on the pitch :yawn:

Shit support - both of them.

Disaster for the Prem if either of them get up.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When will you learn, this doesn't get you any points on the pitch :yawn:

But from next season under FFP it allows us a much bigger playing budget :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here