Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd for Reading

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
If Reading only bring 1000 away fans for this match then they are defiantly the tin pot club I always thought they were. I do that journey every game even when we were at Withdean. I will look forward to telling the two Reading fans in my office and my next door neighbour (who I know are not going) what lightweights they are.

Wonder if some of the twats they brought down from the cup game will be there?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reading's away support is poor, both in numbers and noise. The year they won the league their average following was something like 700/800.

If that's true, and it's an if, then it would presumably be down to the fact that they were rubbish until about mid January.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd imagine it would be in the region of 1,600 for Saturday. Surely they can manage that? They're still in play off contention even if they are a really dull side to watch.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Rammed to the hilt massive game for us and them

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Club reported attendance will be 28,500 + ...... actual bums on actual seats will be significantly lower as always - probably 25,000 - but as others have said that still proves we've come a long way since the 5-6000's of both the Goldstone and Withdean.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Club reported attendance will be 28,500 + ...... actual bums on actual seats will be significantly lower as always - probably 25,000 - but as others have said that still proves we've come a long way since the 5-6000's of both the Goldstone and Withdean.

On that basis I think Tuesday's crowd will be 29,000 +

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
When Reading brought 2,300 two seasons ago they were in the middle of a fantastic run which saw them to automatic promotion. Plus, they have already been here in 2014 and lost poorly. So I reckon 1,100 Reading in a total announced crowd of 27,900.

PG

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

I think the talk of Reading only bringing circa 1000 is way below pay.

They have the whole of S1D and S1C and maybe S1B (with S1A and half of S1E for segregation). Not saying they have or will have sold all of this but this would lend itself to nearly 2000 available away tickets.

As mentioned earlier, there are nearly 1000 available home seats on the plan, but all the ones that are normally released late by the club seem to have been already, so with fine weather, it could be a record crowd.

The ease to buy tickets on the day for home and away fans could really come into it's own on a warm, sunny spring day.

QPR might also be interesting as I believe they have a 2700 allocation, although as of Monday there were still 1000 left. Not sure how many they will bring.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think the talk of Reading only bringing circa 1000 is way below pay.

They have the whole of S1D and S1C and maybe S1B (with S1A and half of S1E for segregation). Not saying they have or will have sold all of this but this would lend itself to nearly 2000 available away tickets.

As mentioned earlier, there are nearly 1000 available home seats on the plan, but all the ones that are normally released late by the club seem to have been already, so with fine weather, it could be a record crowd.

The ease to buy tickets on the day for home and away fans could really come into it's own on a warm, sunny spring day.

QPR might also be interesting as I believe they have a 2700 allocation, although as of Monday there were still 1000 left. Not sure how many they will bring.

According to reading website as of Thursday afternoon nearing 1000 tickets have been sold for Brighton match.

Absolutely appalling turn out for a match against your play off rivals on a Saturday afternoon & only a 90 minute drive or train ride away.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
The Royals have an allocation of 1,228, and on Thursday afternoon almost 1,000 tickets had been sold that is poor for a side who are fighting like us to get in play offs

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
How many did we take to Reading for the televised match earlier in the season? I'm sure it was a lot more than 1,000.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
27,698 . Big game , nice day . Hope everyone has an extra couple pints and gives it some . Players need us this week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here