[Football] Croazzzia vs Zzzpain, Zzzwitzerland vs Franzzze

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We're doing an MBA together" is up there with stuff I never thought I'd ever hear on footy commentary

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does this Chelsea female commentator ever stop wittering on? FFS

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You said the co commentator's job isn't football it's talking, so you obviously rate how they talk above what they say. I think the commentator describes what is going on ang the co should provide insight, for which you need an in depth knowledge of football.

you've misunderstood, english can be tricky

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I can't stand female co-commentators, it just reminds me of my missus trying to talk to me while the football is on. But if i utter any word while line of duty is on i get the look.

Except this commentator probably knows more about football than your missus, and more than you.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Seems Croatia are really missing Perisic here.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Game over.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Goodbye Croatia.

The winner gets France so you’d only be delaying the inevitable if you’d have won.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Did I hear Souness saying at half time if Spain had a goal scorer they’d be dangerous.

What’s that, 8 goals in the last 2 games?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm still not convinced by this Spain team, despite the current scoreline. They seem to give away some decent chances.

Well they've now scored 8 goals in 2 games, and Croatia have had two shots on target, neither of which were close to scoring.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Seems Croatia are really missing Perisic here.

Totally. A big game player that could have taken the load off Modric's ageing shoulders. Losing Mandzukic and Rakitic has weakened the side, losing Perisic is a killer.

I'm gutted that I predicted Croatia to take this to extra time - without Perisic it was always going to be a straightforward Spain win. Ouch!

There's not a lot coming through the ranks and it could be a barren few years for Croatia.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If only she had some voice inflection to break the monotonous tone - and stopped talking quite so much, things would improve.

Well folk need to get used to it. She's very bright and I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years time we see her in the football league.

She's done really well at Chelsea. Second in Europe.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Game on :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Morata gets tugged on the shoulder. Goes down clutching his face.
Pathetic cheating wimp.
I would love to see stuff like this reviewed and retrospective bans issued.
It happens in rugby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports