Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit to Adkins

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
He did mainly have Pardew's squad, but he's done far more with them than Pardew ever did, you can't fault that. Nobody can suggest he's not a decent manager, even if he comes across as an arse at times.

Pardews squad are getting better and better while the saints physio watches from the dugout and takes the credit after each game.:D:albion2:And no i do not have anything against aidkins, but he will not be the first person to stand back and take credit for the success of a team put together by a previous manager.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
not60, says it all. Yes that one game you were incredibly boring some of my brighton supporting mates agreed. But surely you're not like it every week!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
They and us can only beat what is put infront of us.

Yes this is true, so why would a load of Alegged Brighton fans bang on about the scummers like its the f***ing second coming of Christ when they only played their fixtures against teams that by definition after 7 games have ranged from average to poor?

Do me a favour and f*** off to St Marys, no seriously.

There is something noble in praising other teams, getting away from the tribalism, IF it stacks up with the facts.

Clearly here the Word concerning Southampton is LUCKY, in that theyve had a run of fixtures against weaker teams.

Brighton have begun to frank the form, Southampton are an unknown quantity, and yet we have JCL closet Scummer fans worshipping the Scum with their hands on their dicks and their brains shut down.

So please, just f*** off to St Marys and support the Scum as it appears a lot in this thread ARE scummer fans.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Part of the reason why i singled it out, he's quite clearly off his head. Between us, we no doubt have two of the top 5 managers in the league. Gus is probably better on the tactical side, but I think adkins is better at the man management things.

aidkins inherited your team if he`s not very good tacticaly as you say,what managerial decisions has he made to warrant credit for your success.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
aidkins inherited your team if he`s not very good tacticaly as you say,what managerial decisions has he made to warrant credit for your success.

He has completely transform the way we played. We usedto go long to lambert, but now we work it over the pitch with the front 4 swapping positions. I said he's probably not as good as gus, but he may become better in time, we just don't know. What I do knkow is that he has transformed the team completely. He has also made the best buy of the last 2 years, Jack Cork, £750k.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Thats irrelevant, its results that count and all bar liecester are struggling.

I may be wrong here, but I doubt it, but as they say in Horse racing your form looks a bit suspect to me. I would guess we will finish about 7 to 10 places above your outfit.
Even leicester were in a rut when they played saints as brizzle won there aswel,think leicester are starting to click now.

He is a great manager though and will do a great job:D

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Yes this is true, so why would a load of Alegged Brighton fans bang on about the scummers like its the f***ing second coming of Christ when they only played their fixtures against teams that by definition after 7 games have ranged from average to poor?

There is something noble in praising other teams, getting away from the tribalism, IF it stacks up with the facts.

Clearly here the Word concerning Southampton is LUCKY, in that theyve had a run of fixtures against weaker teams.

Brighton have begun to frank the form, Southampton are an unknown quantity, and yet we have JCL closet Scummer fans worshipping the Scum with their hands on their dicks and their brains shut down.

So please, just f*** off to St Marys and support the Scum as it appears a lot in this thread ARE scummer fans.

i agree with everything you have said, but the reality is that the table dont lie, last week, no one could argue we were the best team in the championship, this week The saints and the borough are...........by definition better than us. To say they have played average is a bit harsh as well, Leeds, Birmingham, Leicester...........are good teams albeit, had slow starts. I think in terms of football that we are the best footballing side in the league, by a country mile, but all over quality, I think there is stronger teams and the Saints are one of those IMHO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does anybody remember when it was suggested on here by a friend that Adam LaLana wanted to come to us on loan a couple of seasons ago. Cant remember who it was posted it and everybody laughed at the suggestion said he wasn't good enough.

I personally think the difference between us and them is Ricky Lambert as he is the type of player we need to change a game around.

It was dwayne but I don't think anyone laughed.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
A lot of you seem to have forgotten Guly, Chaplow (both scored yesterday), De Ridder, Cork, Forte, that defender off Celtic etc. Adkins bought all of them. Whats more his style is much more entertaining than AP's. Our chairman gave NA a 5 year deal a few months ago which seemed long, but in hindsight it was quality forsight.

Admitidly, if he wasnt our manager I would think he is annoylingly chirpy and smiley, and TBF his 'keep up' comments were a bit pointless (albeit just a throwaway comment). Having said that, if Poyet wasnt your manager, im sure you would all see him as a bit of a twat as we do. Especially after those comments comparing us to Dag and Red and his major complaint about our Plymouth away game being moved (despite Saints also being annoyed that the game was moved in the first place.

Long way to go but having seen both Saints and Brighton this season, I would say you seem more solid than we do but we have a lot more fluidity in our play. At times weve been scintitlating. However, in Brightons favour, you do seem to sell better pies than we do. Whats most important however is that Pompey are f***ed.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
He has completely transform the way we played. We usedto go long to lambert, but now we work it over the pitch with the front 4 swapping positions. I said he's probably not as good as gus, but he may become better in time, we just don't know. What I do knkow is that he has transformed the team completely. He has also made the best buy of the last 2 years, Jack Cork, £750k.

I think you will find the reason for your current success lies at the feet of Lambert and LaLana, when they f*** off to the Premier in January your physio will be running around like a headless chicken.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Just to clarify, is this mostly aimed at me, because I had the gaul to compliment Saints?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest Adkins is a good manager and proven at this level on a limited budget. Given Saints relative riches im not surprised they are doing well. Also this year he has wound his neck in a bit. Probably coz Saints are not arguably one of the divisions "big" teams. Or rather established teams. No longer are Saints an oppositions cup final.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
He's a bit smug but Saints are on to a good thing there. A lot of Southampton fans don't like Poyet in the same way we dislike Adkins. It's because of the rivalry between us last season.

We're both clubs on the up with good managers. I still maintain Gus is significantly better as I think he's achieved more with less but Adkins has done a very tidy job and you can't really ask more of him.

I cannot help but agree with this as much as the guy annoyed me with his keeping up with them comment, Still we shoved that right up their arse.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
A lot of you seem to have forgotten Guly, Chaplow (both scored yesterday), De Ridder, Cork, Forte, that defender off Celtic etc. Adkins bought all of them. Whats more his style is much more entertaining than AP's. Our chairman gave NA a 5 year deal a few months ago which seemed long, but in hindsight it was quality forsight.

Admitidly, if he wasnt our manager I would think he is annoylingly chirpy and smiley, and TBF his 'keep up' comments were a bit pointless (albeit just a throwaway comment). Having said that, if Poyet wasnt your manager, im sure you would all see him as a bit of a twat as we do. Especially after those comments comparing us to Dag and Red and his major complaint about our Plymouth away game being moved (despite Saints also being annoyed that the game was moved in the first place.

Long way to go but having seen both Saints and Brighton this season, I would say you seem more solid than we do but we have a lot more fluidity in our play. At times weve been scintitlating. However, in Brightons favour, you do seem to sell better pies than we do. Whats most important however is that Pompey are f***ed.

Sorry but i have to disagree, the most important part of this thread is that the dirty pikey scum are shit.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Just to clarify, is this mostly aimed at me, because I had the gaul to compliment Saints?

No not just you, mainly aimed at brighton "fans" saying shit like scummers are better than us based on no evidence. Dont know who it was exactly without checking back.

Oh and complimenting another team while belittling your own is grovelling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here