Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit to Adkins

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With their start to the season is nothing short of fantastic. We would have to beat Liverpool to keep up.

PS: And Leeds and Palace.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Come on, don't quote the only negative comment. You've got plenty of positive posts to be getting on with.

If we are anywhere near keeping up with Saints we'll of had a terrific season.

We finnished above them last season, we have improved the squad this season. It would be expected that on average we would do the same this season, otherwise we have made a relative decline.

WTF? am I on a saints message board?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does anybody remember when it was suggested on here by a friend that Adam LaLana wanted to come to us on loan a couple of seasons ago. Cant remember who it was posted it and everybody laughed at the suggestion said he wasn't good enough.

I personally think the difference between us and them is Ricky Lambert as he is the type of player we need to change a game around.

Last edited:

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Come on, don't quote the only negative comment. You've got plenty of positive posts to be getting on with.

If we are anywhere near keeping up with Saints we'll of had a terrific season.

Part of the reason why i singled it out, he's quite clearly off his head. Between us, we no doubt have two of the top 5 managers in the league. Gus is probably better on the tactical side, but I think adkins is better at the man management things.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Part of the reason why i singled it out, he's quite clearly off his head. Between us, we no doubt have two of the top 5 managers in the league. Gus is probably better on the tactical side, but I think adkins is better at the man management things.

why am I of my head asking how many teams in the top half of the division southampton have beaten? None right? A big fat f***ing Zero.

Records against teams in the top half of the Div

Brighton

Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 1

Southampton

Lost 1

QED You are shit now f*** off Skate.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Eh? Would you like me to call your nurse?

We finnished above them last season, we have improved the squad this season. It would be expected that on average we would do the same this season, otherwise we have made a relative decline.

Did you not see my first post on this thread?

Southampton 4-1 Birmingham City | Championship match report | Football | The Guardian

"A 14th successive home victory ensured Southampton's best start to a season in 103 years and if Adkins hopes to improve his salary he could make a robust case – as with Sir Alex Ferguson, his record of 2.2 points per game over the past 12 months is the best in any division."

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

No, you're quite clearly not on a Saints message board. IMO Saints had better players thatn us last season, but better players doesn't always mean better team. This season Adkins had added to an already very impressive squad with minimum casualties to his side. They have a very strong team and are already displaying their ability, which is why I think if we stay with them we'll have a good season.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
why am I of my head asking how many teams in the top half of the division southampton have beaten? None right? A big fat f***ing Zero.

Records against teams in the top half of the Div

Brighton

Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 1

Southampton

Lost 1

QED You are shit now f*** off Skate.

You said this yesturday... my response was:

Pre-season perspectives

Leeds - playoff favourites
Barnsley - bottom half
Ipswich - promotion contneders
Millwall - Mid table
Leicester - Promotion favourites
Forest - Play off contenders
Birmingham - Promotion contenders

18 points from that is very impressive imo. There are no 'easy' games in this league.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
No, you're quite clearly not on a Saints message board. IMO Saints had better players thatn us last season, but better players doesn't always mean better team. This season Adkins had added to an already very impressive squad with minimum casualties to his side. They have a very strong team and are already displaying their ability, which is why I think if we stay with them we'll have a good season.

This, you were far better gelled as a team and that showed over the course of the season.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

You missed the Obvious here, If they had better players why didn't they finish above us?

They scraped a draw at their place and had a walkover when we had everything in the bag. I'm looking at this seasons performances. Theyve got Burnley next, yea they should win that one but after that they have to start playing good teams.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You said this yesturday... my response was:

Pre-season perspectives

Leeds - playoff favourites
Barnsley - bottom half
Ipswich - promotion contneders
Millwall - Mid table
Leicester - Promotion favourites
Forest - Play off contenders
Birmingham - Promotion contenders

18 points from that is very impressive imo. There are no 'easy' games in this league.
Thats irrelevant, its results that count and all bar liecester are struggling.

I may be wrong here, but I doubt it, but as they say in Horse racing your form looks a bit suspect to me. I would guess we will finish about 7 to 10 places above your outfit.

albionite

May 20, 2009
They and us can only beat what is put infront of us. 4-1 against Birmingham (ex prem) is quite impressive.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
your making yourself sound like a bit of an idiot, I'm going to leave this thread on that after that comment.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Fair play to Saints and Adkins. Good banter last season but I think we all know that they could well stay the course this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here