Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit to Adkins

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the last 5 years, the team at the top of the table, going into the international break, at the beginning of September, has been promoted. Maybe we'll break that run or maybe we won't.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He took all the abuse hurled at him last April at the Withdean very well to be fair but showed a lack of class by not doing the guard of honour. He is clearly a talented manager.

I think the big difference is Ricky Lambert if we had him with CMS and to use as a Plan B route One if needed we would be immense.

Sure but I don't think we've anyone as good as Lallana and, if Dunk hadn't come on as he has, Fonte is far better than either El Abd or Hoophick surely? Connolly also looks a better player this season, although I thought he did OK at Withdean last season.
Imo Saints have the physical presence that we still lack and a real talent in Lallana; the two players that Adkins has brought in from Burnley and Chelsea I haven't seen play so won't offer an opinion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we have players who can contribute as much to our team as Lallana does. I don't think Connelly is any better than CMS, Fonte is no better than Greer. I don't like the dirty b......d but we have nobody with the physical presence of Chaplow. Like you I cannot give an opinion on Cork as I havent seen him play. I would still like to have Lambert in our squad.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
He took all the abuse hurled at him last April at the Withdean very well to be fair but showed a lack of class by not doing the guard of honour. He is clearly a talented manager.

sorry u s, much as i agree with most of your posts on here, i cannot find a reason to call aidkins talented in any way, can you elaborate.I fail to see what he has contributed to the saints squad

Jan 2, 2011
sorry u s, much as i agree with most of your posts on here, i cannot find a reason to call aidkins talented in any way, can you elaborate.I fail to see what he has contributed to the saints squad
Luckily you don't have to. Is it because you have trouble reading? You have made yourself look a right mong on this thread, a 24 carat moron, thicker than a ghurkas foreskin.
What an utter twat.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Personally I'd quite like to see Albion and Saints go up and Portsmouth go down. I don't think many people on here would have a problem with that, would they?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Luckily you don't have to. Is it because you have trouble reading? You have made yourself look a right mong on this thread, a 24 carat moron, thicker than a ghurkas foreskin.
What an utter twat.

You seem to know an unhealthy amount about the private parts of ghurkas.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
BBC Sport - Nigel Adkins loving life with Southampton

How can you lot think he's a prized prick? comes across quite well in this, other than a couple of repetitions.

Because he's got spindly little legs and doesn't let go of his testicles all the way through the interview!!!

On a more serious note, he inherited a set of good players from the philanderer Pardew, brought in a couple of good ones himself and is clearly a good motivator. They are a strong quick and technically proficient side, ideally designed for the championship. But he's swallowed too many football middle management textbooks (if such things exist!!) for my liking and he'll always be a twat for his "keep up" comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here