Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig who?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Congratulations on making yourself look a bit Noddy.

So let me get this right, because I haven't heard of someone that's makes me noddy does it, please explain?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If he plays rubbish, then have a go at him, but give him a chance.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Pinched this from Cardiff City Forum....

Conway always did a good job for us and is currently our only complete winger. When I say complete winger, I mean he's the only winger who can do a job attacking and defending equally well. Conway would have still been a very useful squad member this season in my opinion, I hope he goes on loan to a good club and shows Malky what he's missing out on.

He doesn't seem that bad an aquisition.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Will also hopefully push Lua Lua down the pecking order as he hasnt performed very well for literally months. Interesting that yet once again a name that has not been mentioned by anybody.

It's Buckley and Spanish Dave that haven't performed. Lua Lua has done ok when introduced, ok he is not always consistent during a game, but will always be a threat when introduced as a sub. Oscar has said that Lua Lua is not fully fit and that is why he is being used as a sub. When fit I think you will see Oscar use him more. Buckley has been way off the pace this season starting. I think it will be him and Dave that go down the pecking order.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Will also hopefully push Lua Lua down the pecking order as he hasnt performed very well for literally months. Interesting that yet once again a name that has not been mentioned by anybody.

Clueless ramblings aplenty from NSCs perma-wrong septagenerian. :lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Sounds promising. A lot of wingers don't bother to track back as much now so Conway sounds like he'll become a popular signing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Clueless ramblings aplenty from NSCs perma-wrong septagenerian. :lolol:

Rambling Simster. I think the second part might mean that no one guessed the guy coming and it wasn't leaked. Obviously don't agree about KLL, he has been pretty good IMO.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would think that from a managers point of view Lua Lua is the easiest of our forwards to plan against as he always does the same thing and has no variation in his tactics of how to beat a full back.

I bet Wolves don't think so. Lualua has got change of direction in his repertoire and and can shoot and cross with both feet. Buckley has shown less flair and more effectiveness this season but his shooting has been inches off.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I would think that from a managers point of view Lua Lua is the easiest of our forwards to plan against as he always does the same thing and has no variation in his tactics of how to beat a full back.

cuts inside, goes outside, thunderous shot, crosses low and hard, occasionally stands the ball up to the back post, goes from fast to blistering speed in the blink of an eye... no, there's no variation there!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would tell my full back to keep him out hugging the white line then stand on him very close to stop him getting a cross in. On most occasions when he cuts inside and shoots it is wayward and off target but the odd one will be on target. The best of his shots come from a short free kick passed to him. In the past his change of speed has helped but he seems to have lost that, possibly due to not being fit but he is not the force he was when he first arrived. I would be more than happy if he got back to being the player and the threat that he was.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
I think as we all realise the original poster was just expressing his disappointment in us not signing a big name yet again, however we all know that it is tough us to compete on a financial basis so we have to be realistic just get behind the players we have.
Personally I'm hopeful that the new management can turn the players we have from good players into very good players.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think we have signed a very good championship player who will enhance the squad. End of.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Lua Lua has a limited box of tricks, it's true. However, he can skin players on the outside, cut inwards for a shot, slow the game down and take use his pace to beat them. While his crossing is very predictable, I'd sooner play against Buckley than Lua Lua. A few strong tackles and Buckley's head drops, whereas Lua Lua gives as good as he gets in that department.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think as we all realise the original poster was just expressing his disappointment in us not signing a big name yet again, however we all know that it is tough us to compete on a financial basis so we have to be realistic just get behind the players we have.
Personally I'm hopeful that the new management can turn the players we have from good players into very good players.

Yep, that is the job of the coach, to teach and bring out the best in them, and make them a better player than what they were before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here