Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig who?

Wow, what an amazing thread. I imagine it was started by someone who thought everyone would agree, giving him the chance to whinge about what a terrible signing this is. However, the truth is that Conway was a relatively regular fixture in the team that won our division last season and is known to everyone who follows Championship football even vaguely closely. All this thread has achieved is allowing everyone on this site to file the opening poster as somebody with an embarrassing lack of football knowledge.

Well said TCB. I have no idea what those complaining expected - he played 28 times for Cardiff last season, 10th on their appearance list and a similar number as Cowie and Noone (their other wingers) as they won the league. All that after playing relatively little in 2012. When I saw that we'd signed him my immediate reaction was that it was a cracking signing in an area that we lack numbers in. I'm much more excited about him that I was about the prospect of us signing John Obika - Conway will clearly be challenging for a starting spot pretty quickly.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
After discovering this incredible new thing called google it seems we have signed
- An International
- Someone with experience in a Championship winning side

I don't want this bounced back at me but seems a decent signing to me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
As predicted totally underwhelming. Someone who will totally suit our mid table ambitions. 7 goals in 50 apps is it?

Excuse me for not jumping for joy. Bad back you know.

More hype, more disappointment. Anyone who thinks we will make a serious impact in this division is mistaken.

If BHAFC were a horse and this years season was the race you would probably say it "wasn't trying."

Shoot me down, but that's the way I feel.

I just wish the club were honest with the fans.

So you've basically just wikipedia'd his name. Taken his goal stats and made a judgement.

On a winger.....

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
All this thread has achieved is allowing everyone on this site to file the opening poster as somebody with an embarrassing lack of football knowledge.

You're right!
I'll just pencil him in, right under, the Complete Badger 😉

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Wow, what an amazing thread. I imagine it was started by someone who thought everyone would agree, giving him the chance to whinge about what a terrible signing this is. However, the truth is that Conway was a relatively regular fixture in the team that won our division last season and is known to everyone who follows Championship football even vaguely closely. All this thread has achieved is allowing everyone on this site to file the opening poster as somebody with an embarrassing lack of football knowledge.

This hurts but for once I agree with you.
However this does mean we potentially have 4 Scottish internationals in the team and we all know how shite they are :D

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I can't believe someone has started this thread when the menu for the 1901 lounge against Bolton next week has just been published

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
As predicted totally underwhelming. Someone who will totally suit our mid table ambitions. 7 goals in 50 apps is it?

Excuse me for not jumping for joy. Bad back you know.

More hype, more disappointment. Anyone who thinks we will make a serious impact in this division is mistaken.

If BHAFC were a horse and this years season was the race you would probably say it "wasn't trying."

Shoot me down, but that's the way I feel.

I just wish the club were honest with the fans.

He's a winger ffs.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5935860 said:
He is a good signing, but he's not a striker, which makes me think we may hear of another loan today.

Which would make this a successful loan window. :)

We needed a replacement for Orlandi, and now have one.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is this One Month? or 93 days?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Does picking an argument with everybody make you feel better?

To be fair, I think he got to the last argument ( Spanish day) late so he wanted to get in this one early.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Extract from the last match report:

"The Bluebirds did force the impeccable Kuszczak into action again when substitute Craig Conway - on for Noone - fired a long range shot that stung the fingers of the goalkeeper."

Guessing you either missed that game or have a very bad memory?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here