Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
One of the best wingers we've ever had, tremendous ability to twist and turn in tight areas and the best dribbler I've seen at the Albion. Looking back at previous Noone threads I can't believe a fair few posters rated Lua Lua ahead of him, for me Noone is several levels above.
er

Lua Lua is shit. Lua Lua wouldn't couldn't even mug a player. Totally shit. Noone is worth 10 times the value of Lua Lua. Cardiff think Nooney is Cass but no other club think Lua Lua is worth a f***ing penny as no bids came in for the one trick poney.

THE CARDIFF LAD

Jan 2, 2013
er

Lua Lua is shit. Lua Lua wouldn't couldn't even mug a player. Totally shit. Noone is worth 10 times the value of Lua Lua. Cardiff think Nooney is Cass but no other club think Lua Lua is worth a f***ing penny as no bids came in for the one trick poney.

I thought last season Lua Lua was looking really good for you tbh. But this season he hasn't really done anything and as you say he is a "one trick poney"

THE CARDIFF LAD

Jan 2, 2013
er

I thought last season Lua Lua was looking really good for you tbh. But this season he hasn't really done anything and as you say he is a "one trick poney"

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
When he left, I wasn't too fussed, he was never very consistent for us. Sad to see him go from a personality perspective, he was a real fan's favourite here. £1.5m or whatever we got for him was a decent profit, but perhaps not the best business. But if we couldn't get the best out of him like you seem to be doing, maybe it was right for us to sell him?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
When Noone left it was difficult to find a post that didn't end up with "but no end product". I think it was some local by-law at the time. I am really pleased for the bloke that it is working out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Glad it worked out, decent enough player, lovely bloke, but was inconsistent, was a great profit, and wingers are ten-a-penny

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
weird aura from some posts in here, like they're making fun of BHA whilst somehow keeping neutral. It's funny

On topic, I was okay with the money we got for him and still am, though Cardiff will think it's a steal. Nooney wasn't really performing for us (most likely because we have no one to head the ball up front) and we got a good amount of money for him to go to a team who have players who can get on the end of them. Good for all parties.

If we do get someone like Ulloa in I think we'll miss nooney a bit more.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I like the lad, but after the Swindon game I did actually say we should have sold him to Cardiff when we had the chance. He was stand out awful in that match. He did go some way to redeeming himself before his move though.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

It is a bit like that but on his day it is quite a trick.LuaLua is a different player to Noone and relies more on a burst of speed and a cross.Nooney is more of a skilful dribbler and i was gutted to see him go.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No one on the Left Wing

Got a leaky roof?

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Wasn't bothered when he left, was very inconsistent for us, glad to see he's doing alright for you.

We have enough attacking mids.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Gutted he left! Not only did i rate him as a player but he always came across as a decent bloke! Hope he gets the chance to play in the premier league, was hoping it would be with us but alas too late now!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He will get a warm reception when you next play Brighton thats for sure.

Fans favourite and rightly so. A truly humble Pro footballer. Best moment was when he saw a Palace air freshner in a car and put his Brighton training top on the bonnet and took a photo.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lovely chap who deserves every success.

Definite confidence player for me, when he's on form he's outstanding, but after a run of a few bad games doubts seem to creep in and he struggles (based on latter part of last season). Hope he continues to play well until you play us.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Looks like the move has boosted his chance of playing in the Premiership before any other Brighton player next season.
I think he will do alright if promoted and will be keeping an eye out for him next season, that is unless they go into self destruct the rest of this season! not likely though.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Brilliant player, you could tell when he was up for it (which was most matches) as he could tear full backs to shreds. Very dangerous player on his day. Buckley, however, is more clinical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here