Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPFC and money

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
He as in me? If you coud read it in the text it was meant to and not in a 'hating Palace way' you could read between the lines that the money will be shared. Don't be a pratt, you write a lot of sense most of the time. If we don't/haven't gone up in 2 years we'll get £20m for Williams, £8-10m for Jedinak and more £m's for Bolasie, that's of course if 30 hasn't asked for a move, maybe another £5m. There's money all over our team, our future for the next 5-10 years looks as secure as it ever has and we are finally in safe hands.

He as Steve Browett.

I am sorry if I have misunderstood but it was this statement"The money for Wilf will pay towards the academy, new stadium, new training ground and maybe a player or two", so did he really mean £2mill for each, or have I still missed reading between the lines?

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
That's a mighty big statement that is. I've heard he's not too shabby but 20million?
Is almost quick as Zaha, 2 footed, ultra skillful and has end product settin up goals. Seems for tactically aware than anyone i've ever seen at Palace and more often than not makes the right decision. Real team player, like what i've seen in the last few years. Will only go to a top 4 team, i'm more positive about his future than WZ, by a country mile.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
He as Steve Browett.

I am sorry if I have misunderstood but it was this statement"The money for Wilf will pay towards the academy, new stadium, new training ground and maybe a player or two", so did he really mean £2mill for each, or have I still missed reading between the lines?

A lump like that will benefit many things within the club rather than re-invest in just one player or one thing.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Sorry if I don't agree, but as he listed five things I assumed he meant £2mill each for arguments sake. But £2mill towards a stadium is a drop in the ocean.

I believe he was just talking about the various things money goes into. It has already been said that the majority of the money from Wilfried's sale will go back into the playing squad.

£2m towards a stadium would, as you say, be insignificant. I'd imagine that would pay for the planning though, which is the stage we're currently at I believe.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
It will mostly go on playing assests with some on development. Trying to renovate Smell would be like moving the deckchairs on the titanic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here