CPFC and money

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
If Palace win today and Brighton lose/draw expect another five pages at least of how Palace have cheated to have their success and Brighton have done it the TOTALLY RIGHT WAY(ie, a sugar daddy).

Yep, a team essentially built from scratch mainly made up of free transfers and kids showing up a team that has spent £5 million on it's strike force alone.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yep, a team essentially built from scratch mainly made up of free transfers and kids showing up a team that has spent £5 million on it's strike force alone.

£5 million? I think you'd better think it out again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Palace win today and Brighton lose/draw expect another five pages at least of how Palace have cheated to have their success and Brighton have done it the TOTALLY RIGHT WAY(ie, a sugar daddy).
We did it the right way by cutting our cloth and languishing in the lower leagues. With no sugar daddy the right way would be for us to have remained a league 1 club, so we would have.

Yep, a team essentially built from scratch mainly made up of free transfers and kids
Do you realise that your academy is not free to run? You'd have spent millions on it over the years (money well spent, as it's done a good job for you, but let's not pretend it's free).

CMS, £2.5 million plus add on's between £500k- £1 million
Add-ons? Why do Palace fans think that all add-ons get paid regardless? They would have been dependent on things like promotion, number of goals etc. I doubt we're paying much in add-ons.

Yet who cant get a shot on goal at Bristol :lol:
Bristol, where we kept a clean sheet and got a point, while you got stuffed 4-1.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I don't see how all goods are tainted as some were obviously paid for with money we had. So we will have to agree to disagree on this. Our actual clubs debt was £4:3 million, to go into admin with debts at that level is totally unheard of, we were stitched up. There's clubs with ten times more debt than we had out there but yet they are not frowned upon.

I am not a financial guy but looking at page 5 on this report does not appear to support your argument.
Just two creditors alone, HRMC and Lloyds bank were owed £12mill.

Also your earlier claim that the majority of the debt was to Jordan also seems incorrect as it states he is owed just under £8mill of the total debt

http://195.171.95.190/portal/ice/finalReports/2862010141671.pdf

This report makes interesting reading, with all the fans wanting to save the club adding their names to the creditor list (therefore making the debt larger} for their loss of season ticket money.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Er well no. CMS won't play as out for the season, and Leo was a 2 million Euro bargain.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I am not a financial guy but looking at page 5 on this report does not appear to support your argument.
Just two creditors alone, HRMC and Lloyds bank were owed £12mill.

Also your earlier claim that the majority of the debt was to Jordan also seems incorrect as it states he is owed just under £8mill of the total debt

This report makes interesting reading, with all the fans wanting to save the club adding their names to the creditor list (therefore making the debt larger} for their loss of season ticket money.

I think the fans on the creditor list were STH's who had paid for multi season deals and therefore entitled to vote on the CVA. CPFC2010 promised them they wouldn't have to pay again for another season ticket if the takeover bid went ahead.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think the fans on the creditor list were STH's who had paid for multi season deals and therefore entitled to vote on the CVA. CPFC2010 promised them they wouldn't have to pay again for another season ticket if the takeover bid went ahead.

I do understand this and I think it was another way of insuring they had the required percentage to accept the CVA, In other words in my view Palace, getting around financial regulations again There are an awful lot of fans on that list with less than £200, but collectively it all added up to a large sum.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I do understand this and I think it was another way of insuring they had the required percentage to accept the CVA, In other words in my view Palace, getting around financial regulations again There are an awful lot of fans on that list with less than £200, but collectively it all added up to a large sum.

If it was Brighton and you wanted your club to survive would you have done the same? either way they were entitled to be classed as creditors

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
It's quite simple really why we've spent a bit of money since January and considering we're in the promotion mix :

£2.5 million received for Nathaniel Clyne
£400k received for Sean Scannell
£750k received for Darren Ambrose and our highest earner off the wage bill.
Anthony Gardner, our second highest earner off the wage bill albeit on a free transfer.
£10-15 million already received for Zaha.

We signed Ward, Bolasie and Blake for a total of £1 million and brought in a few loans in the season where we are supposed to be going for it. Ironically I would say based on transfers only, that is not the case but a win today could put us 2nd in the table so despite spending very little in comparison to outward transfers, we have a settled team.

Therefore in conclusion, the OP is misguided in what he believes to be overspending.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Nice bit of research grimbo :rolleyes:The agilo debt would have been paid but agilo called Jordan's bluff and they got SFA . That £30 m was a debt to Jordan not palace so we went into ad for a debt of £4.3 m which was crazy . I really don't know why it bugs you so much , if it weren't for Tony's £ m' s you'd be in the same position with your debt from the withdean so thank your lucky stars he arrived and saved you .

Not sure that is true, if SFA means sweet f*ck all. Agilo were a secured creditor and certainly had a large portion of the Fonte & Moses money.

Have a look at 6.1.4 in this administrator report.

Lots of little bits of information about payments and finance agreements with CPFC 2010

Have a read it might help you to know a bit more about your club and what you are talking about

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If it was Brighton and you wanted your club to survive would you have done the same? either way they were entitled to be classed as creditors

Did you get your penny in the pound as season ticket holders like all the other creditors or not?
I thought not, so you had a vote without losing anything and ensured all the people who were owed money just got a penny. Shrewd move.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Palace are running their club well these days, they have to be given credit for that. But they should been forced to call themselves Crystal Palace 2010..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports