Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countries you would never wish to visit?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
India is humanity. One of the best things as a human being you can do in travel is to spend time in India, by far the most wonderful country on the planet. Puts our little enclave into perspective.
That's all very well, but I don't want to holiday in a country where I am almost guaranteed to get the shits. I'd rather go to Majorca.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Ive been to SA a few times and cant say treating women like crap was something that even crossed my radar.
sure you are not thinking of somewhere else?
Yeah sorry, badly written. Lots of people treated like shit there, not a misogynist country like the others I mentioned.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yeah sorry, badly written. Lots of people treated like shit there, not a misogynist country like the others I mentioned.

there are certainly plenty of problems,but they try very hard to make it better.Its a very young nation compared to what it was previously.
i wouldnt write the place off just yet,give it a go,i think you will be pleasantly surprised.

dont buy cricket tickets through official channels though,cost you an arm and a leg. Buy at the gate or ask at your hotel.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
there are certainly plenty of problems,but they try very hard to make it better.Its a very young nation compared to what it was previously.
i wouldnt write the place off just yet,give it a go,i think you will be pleasantly surprised.

dont buy cricket tickets through official channels though,cost you an arm and a leg. Buy at the gate or ask at your hotel.
Cheers. Not written off. Will probably wait until the nipper ends up touring there though.... which might not be that far away (he's 9 but time flies).

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sadly, most countries in mainland Europe ... in the grip of rising political extremism and imminent threat of islamic terrorist attack. #thankseu

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Worried about Mexico cos of lawlessness, like the people in control aren't the good guys, though sure there are nice places and people. I used to work for a Tequila company and the difficulty of doing business in the country was horrendous, like the No 1 issue every board meeting...

Are there "good guys" in control anywhere?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ha ha, haha hahahaha!.... Oh, you're not joking? Wow.

Fancy a stroll down a Southern French promenade with your family? Or visiting a rock concert in Paris? Perhaps Belgium? Or any large festive gathering in Germany with female relatives daring to show an 'unacceptable' level of flesh?

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Fancy a stroll down a Southern French promenade with your family? Or visiting a rock concert in Paris? Perhaps Belgium? Or any large festive gathering in Germany with female relatives daring to show an 'unacceptable' level of flesh?

No thought not .. easy, tedious lefty political posturing a lot easier than stepping up to the plate.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Germany - as currently they have an arrest warrant waiting for me. Other than that, i like the place

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
I've been to the USA many times, in particular some of the less-travelled states, and i would strongly recommend going a bit more off-piste there (mid-west, Deep South). The people are incredibly friendly and it's such as easy country to travel in. Just avoid a few key conversation topics!

In answer the the original question, another vote for Saudi Arabia.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Firstly, I'm wasted.
An idle question perhaps.

I don't mean basket-case places like DRC (sorry KLL) or North Korea.

I'd like to nominate Mexico... frightens the Bejasus out of me...
Never been to Mehico, would like to. Shit nomination.
India. Wrong, in so many different ways . . . .
Are you more wasted than me?
Idiot.
Brazil, as much as it sounds glamorous, no way all those muggings and murders.
Ok, they didn't put their best foot forward at the Olympics, but still.
Russia - freezing cold and not exactly friendly to folk like me, so I think I'll pass.
Yeah, fair enough.
That's not a ****ing country, dumbass!

Qatar.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I cant think of one, except for those where it would currntly be very dangerous i.e. Syria. Everywhere has something different to offer as an experience.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Belize City -- visited and never again -- the seventh circle of hell. This coming from someone that lives in the US and enjoys holidays in Mexico.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here