Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countries you would never wish to visit?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Pakistan.

I'm keen to do every country where England play test cricket, but Pakistan doesn't appeal.

(I know they're based in the UAE at the moment)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In terms of popular destinations that I have literally NO urge to go to? Australia.

My brain can't get round the fact you travel to AS FAR away from home as possible and you end up somewhere where they speak the same language and share some similar cultural identity.

My brother in law lives there and he hasn't got close to convincing me. Sydney doesn't tempt me in the slightest in terms of world cities.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But you're right. Chicago is a fantastic city to visit or work in with superb sports, music, food, architecture (as you say) and culture generally, especially the north side. You could easily spend a few days just riding the El and looking for movie locations. I could happily live there if it weren't just that bit too far for home games.

I took a tour of the El with the Chicago Architecture Foundation. It was centred on the evolution and architecture of the system plus notable buildings around the loop and not movies. Fascinating stuff though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here