Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countries you would never wish to visit?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can honestly say there is no Country I would NEVER wish to visit, but would avoid some for the time being.

This, absolutely. Every country on earth has something to offer, something to see, something to cherish the memory of. And people are people everywhere, overwhelmingly they'll extend the hand of friendship to a stranger.

It's the regimes that fvck things up.

Having said all that though, Malta IS a bit shit :moo:

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Im astonished so many people dont want to go to the USA
Florida Keys,Virginia Blue ridge mountains,New York,Nevada,The Rockies,Pacific Highway........New Orleans FFS

get a grip people.

Yeah I completely agree, lived in California for a couple of years and have travelled to 37 states, 38 next year when i realise a life long ambition to tour Alaska, the place is simply amazing and so diverse. Go to Yellowstone, Devils Tower, Pacific Coast highway, LA, Grand Canyon before you judge, even Vegas is an adventure.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Oooops. I had a few beers when I typed that. It's bit more aggressive than I planned. Please accept my apologies.

But you're right. Chicago is a fantastic city to visit or work in with superb sports, music, food, architecture (as you say) and culture generally, especially the north side. You could easily spend a few days just riding the El and looking for movie locations. I could happily live there if it weren't just that bit too far for home games.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This, absolutely. Every country on earth has something to offer, something to see, something to cherish the memory of. And people are people everywhere, overwhelmingly they'll extend the hand of friendship to a stranger.

It's the regimes that fvck things up.

Having said all that though, Malta IS a bit shit :moo:
so you would rather visit karachi than valletta or medina.....?? really...???

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I got a taxi in Valletta once. The ******* turned off the engine and COASTED down the hill to our destination to save on petrol.

Malta IS shit.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I can't be arsed to trawl back and pick out the poster who said the US has little culture but I'm currently in the US and am even more incredulous to their posts.

I'm in Chicago...and Chicago has some of the best skyscraper architecture in the world ranging from revivalist, Art Deco, modernist, post-modern and contemporary. It has the last sky scraper Mies Van Der Rohe built. Frank Lloyd ****ing Wright . It has public art including Gerhy and Kapoor. It has an art museum which is not only stuffed with an incredible array of pieces, and is second to only France on Impressionism and post-Impressionism; the building itself has architectural merit with a wing built by Piano. It's steeped in music history from jazz, blues and house to a current healthy Indy scene. Food and drink culture is strong especially the craft beer scene. I could go on. It even has a Mexican quarter which is seemingly your gauge of US culture.

And Chicsgo isn't unique. I'm fortunate to have travelled to numerous US cities and I have plenty to marvel about. The country isn't perfect, and you might not like it, but to say it lacks culture is truly and utterly ridiculous. Either you don't understand culture, can't see culture or go to the US with a company that looks after its staff with dull lowest-common-denominator hotels and restaurants. Or you're just plain thick? Your posts on this matter are preposterous.

What do you think of Toronto?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I love Toronto. Really chilled atmosphere, fantastic bars and beers, and restaurants, a skyline to die for and great beaches on the island that is a short ferry ride away. Great place

.....and for the other few months of the year, basically a deep-freeze [emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here