Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couldn't make it up

Jan 30, 2008
Joins the end of a long list of draconian anti-drinking measures based on the attitude: "if you drink, you're likely to commit a crime". Therefore, any solution involves preventing drinking where possible. Of course, nobody can prevent a pub selling beer, so the inevitable result is the encouragement of binging at peculiar hours of the day.

"Proactive" law enforcement such as this is not law enforcement at all, it's just meddling in people's affairs with only a set of stereotypes as moral justification. It's lazy, and often counter-productive.

rant over
well said sir
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, it's not. It's the football which is the fun. Or do you like going to football as a means to getting drunk? (And I'm no teetotaller.)

Football is fun. Drinking is fun. Combine them for double fun. Simples.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
'Teachers, accountants and businessmen have had their lives destroyed by a moment's madness. Make sure this is not you. Stay away from any areas of trouble'

What about non professionals then? Presume they can walk around the stadium in an anticlockwise direction before and after the match whilst completely pissed, singing anti palace songs at the top of their voices without fear. Ah... the good old days of football

'Teachers, accountants and businessmen have had their lives destroyed by a moment's madness. Make sure this is not you. Stay away from any areas of trouble'

What about non professionals then? Presume they can walk around the stadium in an anticlockwise direction before and after the match whilst completely pissed, singing anti palace songs at the top of their voices without fear. Ah... the good old days of football

Luckily I am a builder in his late thirties, my life has already been destroyed!

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
The club email is nothing if not patronising. Next they'll be telling us to do up our shoe laces and have a wee before leaving the house to head to the match.

Regards
Relative of Holocaust survivor

indeed

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
this

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
callhitler.jpg
brilliant , on the local news this morning they were saying the Palace game on Sunday kicking off at 12 was to stop over the top drinking from fans :facepalm: COMMENTS PLEASE
regards
DR

Mr Fairy

Any updates on your quest to be a moderator on NSC?

Maybe you should have rally's, I mean meetings to gain support?

If it helps, always welcome feedback from the punters :thumbsup:

http://www.goodcowfilms.com/farm/basement/ga-archive/mina-age-thread_07-19-02_files/callhitler.jpg

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
wow, the police move the game to midday thinking it will be quiet......but on a sunday tons of people get home around 7am from a night out, and will just crack on - a very messy recipe.......very messy.....just shows how out of touch some authorities are......
..............and letting all the palace out at the final whistle........i say it here once - some people are going to get hurt - take the precautions you feel are good for you - whatever they may be (join in, stay on concourse, leave early etc).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are we 100% sure that the bars will be open at 'the bowl' before kick-off? Any chance that the 'unreasonable drinking' crackdown will end up with 28,000 people rattling around 'the bowl' with no alcohol on sale before the game? Hopefully a stupid question, but one worth asking anyway IMHO. Just in case, like.
:cheers:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Are we 100% sure that the bars will be open at 'the bowl' before kick-off? Any chance that the 'unreasonable drinking' crackdown will end up with 28,000 people rattling around 'the bowl' with no alcohol on sale before the game? Hopefully a stupid question, but one worth asking anyway IMHO. Just in case, like.
:cheers:

I am a bit worried about this as I have seen no official announcement that alcohol will be on sale. I plan on getting to the ground for 10:30 and will not be happy if it is a dry bar!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here