Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couldn't make it up

Jan 30, 2008
Is there a more well worn cliche than you couldn't make it up ?

Every time I see this one trotted out, I just think one more drone, moaning on about something I don't give a stuff about.

For the record I often enjoy a few beers at the football, but won't be drinking before the game on Sunday, because they have made the kick off stupidly early. Hopefully there will be an excuse for a few after the game though.
couldn't make this up , Tim by any chance :whistle:
regards
DR

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No, it's not. It's the football which is the fun.

Two points: Getting drunk at footie is great fun. You just need to find new drinking buddies. And most of the time the football isn't fun. It's everything apart from that which makes it. I went to about 15 away games last season and saw us fluke 2 wins and either draw or lose the rest. Most of those games were awful.

Jan 30, 2008
Two points: Getting drunk at footie is great fun. You just need to find new drinking buddies. And most of the time the football isn't fun. It's everything apart from that which makes it. I went to about 15 away games last season and saw us fluke 2 wins and either draw or lose the rest. Most of those games were awful.
top post ,let's face it, does anyone care about the football ?
regards
DR

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
getting on it saturday night, not going to sleep, am going to be battered come kick off :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Football is the EXCUSE for a good day out with your mates, getting pissed, talking bollocks and relieving the frustrations of modern life via shouting a lot and a bit of bromance if we score.

The match is secondary to the above.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So...what times kick off? Will I have to walk all the way round the stadium? Can I turn up and get straight on the drink?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm getting up early, watching the Grand Prix, then hitting the cider. I always have at least 4 pints before kick off, Sunday will be no different.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Football is the EXCUSE for a good day out with your mates, getting pissed, talking bollocks and relieving the frustrations of modern life via shouting a lot and a bit of bromance if we score.

Absolutely this :thumbsup: And when it's a special derby, even more so. I've informed Mrs P that Sunday is a complete and utter write off. I shall be leaving home around 9ish, and I'll be home when I get home.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Isn't it an offence to buy alcohol in a drunken state?

It's an offence to SELL alcohol to someone in a drunken state.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
women at football eh :whistle:
regards
DR

Shouldn't be allowed i say, especially on a Sunday lunchtime - Should be getting the roast ready. I don't know, what has the world become?

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
How I would love to be able to get absolutely twatted on Sunday and then spend an afternoon in the pub watching more football, but my wife has said no as its her birthday meal straight after the game andI'm not allowed to drink:censored::censored:

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012

That's why I love football

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Joins the end of a long list of draconian anti-drinking measures based on the attitude: "if you drink, you're likely to commit a crime". Therefore, any solution involves preventing drinking where possible. Of course, nobody can prevent a pub selling beer, so the inevitable result is the encouragement of binging at peculiar hours of the day.

"Proactive" law enforcement such as this is not law enforcement at all, it's just meddling in people's affairs with only a set of stereotypes as moral justification. It's lazy, and often counter-productive.

rant over

Jan 30, 2008
How I would love to be able to get absolutely twatted on Sunday and then spend an afternoon in the pub watching more football, but my wife has said no as its her birthday meal straight after the game andI'm not allowed to drink:censored::censored:
what's she noshing on then
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here