Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couldn't make it up

Jan 30, 2008
i love it when people get so self-righteous about drunk fans at football. They write with such pompous conviction that i'm sure they think they have embarrassed fans into never drinking at football ever again. Will never happen and no-one is impressed with your teetotalitarianism*.

Why do people feel the need to drink at football? Because it's fun, that's why.

*how cool is that word? Hats off to nick cave for that pormanteau.
beer breath , can't be beaten :thumbsup:
regards
DR

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At rugby games it is COMPULSORY that everyone is drunk on the terraces.............and on the pitch too at times.

Jan 30, 2008
The club email is nothing if not patronising. Next they'll be telling us to do up our shoe laces and have a wee before leaving the house to head to the match.

Regards
Relative of Holocaust survivor
IT WILL COME , never recieved that E,mail by the way
regards
NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HOLOCAUST :thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
[

Regards
Relative of Holocaust survivor[/QUOTE]

why would you mention that...?? my dad was shot three times in palastine.....why...??

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Another issue with that letter is the idea that teachers, accountants and "businessmen" could never ordinarily be hoolies. It just goes to show that even now, the powers that be still don't understand the root causes of football hooliganism.

Jan 30, 2008
Another issue with that letter is the idea that teachers, accountants and "businessmen" could never ordinarily be hoolies. It just goes to show that even now, the powers that be still don't understand the root causes of football hooliganism.
out of touch with the ordinary fan i'm afraid , THAT'S THE WAY MODERN DAY FOOTBALLS GONE, WHAT SORT OF PEOPLE DO THEY THINK THEIR TALKING TOO :nono:
regards
DR

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I love it when people get so self-righteous about drunk fans at football. They write with such pompous conviction that I'm sure they think they have embarrassed fans into never drinking at football ever again. Will never happen and no-one is impressed with your teetotalitarianism*.

Why do people feel the need to drink at football? Because it's fun, that's why.

No, it's not. It's the football which is the fun. Or do you like going to football as a means to getting drunk? (And I'm no teetotaller.)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Is there a more well worn cliche than you couldn't make it up ?

Every time I see this one trotted out, I just think one more drone, moaning on about something I don't give a stuff about.

For the record I often enjoy a few beers at the football, but won't be drinking before the game on Sunday, because they have made the kick off stupidly early. Hopefully there will be an excuse for a few after the game though.

I blame the schoolkids, tax dodgers and customers.

Yes ... "customers".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here