Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cornwall

D

Deleted User X18H

Looe is a fantastic little village with some decent places to eat ( pasties included ! ) and a great beach.

My sister moved to Looe from Portslade 12 years ago. We go down at least once a year. The Salutation is superb but I also like the Bullers. The Fishermans was closed when we went in August.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Really depends what interests you...I went to Helston...ex RN airport...there they have a theme park...with a difference...there you will find Navy aircraft all around...in one of the hangers you walk down one side and you're in WW2 London...the pubs the air raids...music...you pass the pubs and can even smell the beer...as you turn the corner you are in a Victorian Street...with the Chemist shop,Stables,Saddlers...smell the leather... (they also have the Chemist shop that was found intact from the early 1900s ...then go in a house...see the Victorian father reading the Times by the fire...the maid in the Kitchen...upstairs the Nanny is washing the baby...camphor oil wafts through the upstairs nursery...I also visited Broadway...a small town where they do a lot of filming of old maritime tales....the streets are so wide because they sent down roped trolleys on one side to the dock to be loaded and they were pulled up the other side...there is also a diving museum there with stuff bought up from the wrecks around the Cornish coast...suggest you go out of season though...the weather is'nt so good but you have more time and space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here