Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cornwall

Flex Your Head

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
The north coast has the best beaches of anywhere in the UK. Holywell Bay is beautiful and Polzeath isn't far behind.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ho...jH7AaVu4GwBQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=797

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=po...bB7AaejYCACA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=797

I went on holiday with my parents to St Minver in Cornwall as a boy and returned home a man. Maybe that's why I'm so fond of Cornwall.

Another vote for Holywell bay. It's beautiful and has cracking sand dunes too

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I thought there was a thread on here a while back with suggestions of places to visit in Cornwall, but can't find it.

I am planning to drive down there for about four days next month. Any recommendations gratefully received ... or a link to previous thread!

I wouldnt bother, the queues are horrendous now that you have to use the Park and Ride at the River Tamar

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Just had a superb 1.5 weeks at Watergate Bay (2 miles north of Newquay). Fantastic beach with lots of other good options on the coast towards Padstow (Mawgan Porth, Porthcothan, Constantine Bay etc..). Padstow good for a half day visit, Bedruthan Steps for great scenery (go at low tide) + easy ride down to St Ives, Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Heligan etc.. I would recommend the Phoenix Inn at Watergate Bay, really friendly bar/restaurant with great beers and excellent menu. The O'Neill Surf School next door offers the best rates/tuition (if you need it).

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Newquay isn't too bad

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
St Michaels Mount is great. Mawgan Pawth beach is lovely as well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376333481.835358.jpg

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
St. Ives and Newquay are great towns.

For something a little less touristy, check out Looe. It's relatively unknown and really quite breathtaking.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Perranporth has a great beach if you have kids. Interesting golf course too with 13 blind tee shots. Bonus of a pub on the beach too.

St Ives is good.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We have a week in perranporth every may/june , it has a great beach and once your in the town there are no hills to worry about :smile: A good day out is st mawes but go there via the king harry ferry which is very scenic . The best thing about cornwall is you can go every year and you still find new places and little gems .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We have a week in perranporth every may/june , it has a great beach and once your in the town there are no hills to worry about :smile: A good day out is st mawes but go there via the king harry ferry which is very scenic . The best thing about cornwall is you can go every year and you still find new places and little gems .

and your never far from the coast

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Dont think anyone has mentioned Polperro yet. Me and the wyfe had our honeymoon there back in 98.

Lovely little place

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
If you like Cornwall check this video out. It was made in 1961. Very nostalgic.
[video]http://www.britishpathe.com/video/westward-ho/query/westward+ho[/video]

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Off to cornwall in 2 weeks. Little cottage just outside St Ives. Love Cornwall and been many times but still many places I have never seen. Going to Minack, St michaels mount, Lost gardens of Heligan. Any good places from St Ives westward along the coast?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here