Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Copa America - Moises Caicedo

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Not sure that would be helpful as he would get banned from playing in the Premier League..

This.

If you're going to sign players good enough to play top-level international football then you need to be prepared for injuries in the additional game time that comes with that. It's not like he got injured in a meaningless friendly either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can we get away with claiming he's injured every time they try and call him up?

No. A countries FA can send their own doctors / physios to assess a players fitness if the club claims he's injured. I think I can vaguely remember Fergie getting the right @rsehole with the FA when they did this once, probably for Beckham.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
No. A countries FA can send their own doctors to assess a players fitness if the club claims he's injured. I think I can vaguely remember Fergie getting the right ******** with the FA when they did this once, probably for Beckham.

Claim he's also dangerously infectious, so they can't visit him. I can't see that raising too many questions.

More seriously, thanks.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This.

If you're going to sign players good enough to play top-level international football then you need to be prepared for injuries in the additional game time that comes with that. It's not like he got injured in a meaningless friendly either.

Yep. I think you can stop them playing in friendlies. Also, any costs incurred by long term injuries on international duty will be covered by that countries FA.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
[tweet]1409600984532369411[/tweet]

Anyone know what's happening in the tweet below? I think it says something about Caicedo "entered walking without difficulty". I can't tell if that's him in the video.

[tweet]1409683474697625600[/tweet]

I had seen other tweets saying he had been replaced in the squad and his tournament is over, but now I'm a bit confused.

Anyway, seems like perhaps his injury isn't too bad. I hope.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
"Moisés Caicedo will participate in the practice...?" (per google translate)

Sounds like he's alright?

[tweet]1409951779593281538[/tweet]

[tweet]1409950097216098312[/tweet]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Anyone know what's happening in the tweet below? I think it says something about Caicedo "entered walking without difficulty". I can't tell if that's him in the video.

I had seen other tweets saying he had been replaced in the squad and his tournament is over, but now I'm a bit confused.

Was he the one with the limp?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Let's just hope that his knee is actually ok and that he isn't being rushed back. Hopefully it is just a jarring from the awkward landing. Must be Ecuador's most important game in a very long time on Sunday night. I'm sure he's very keen to be involved.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

It was a bit fast for me but I think she said he was walking without worries and without help.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i watched the game .....he went off for some attention after getting clattered , came back on and just went down under no pressure , hand in the air waving for help ......hopefully just a tweak.

et eth et et eth a teth...........krisss waddle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here