Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Copa America - Moises Caicedo

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I couldn't believe the trainer allowed him to come back on. I imagine the Albion medical team won't be happy about that.

I've just watched it, and I echo your thoughts. He was helped off, came back on briefly but clearly couldn't continue, and collapsed to the turf and was stretchered off.

Unbelievably he was allowed back on (presumably because the sub wasn't yet ready to come on; they showed him warming up seconds before Caicedo collapsed for a second time).

If I was Barber or Bloom watching that, I'd have been furious, and would probably never let him go on international duty again.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I expect they'll do a scan after a couple of days. Need the swelling to go down, or be under control, before they do. Then they'll know the outcome. Expect the worse, but hope for the best.

Hopefully they will first get him back to the UK first so he can be assessed properly in the best facilities rather than over there

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
i spoke to my mate earlier who is in South America and he says that Moises is fine and in fact the injury has made him an even better player. We can now chill out!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Hopefully they will first get him back to the UK first so he can be assessed properly in the best facilities rather than over there
This is where the quarantine stuff gets complicated. I imagine the club would usually fly a doctor out to check him out. Not that easy now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'll believe that's he's better than we think if he gets through 90 mins of their quarter-final.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's benched. Knees ligament injuries are horrible.

I'd rather they wrap him up in cotton wool and send him back to Brighton.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd rather they wrap him up in cotton wool and send him back to Brighton.

I hope that Tony has one of his jets on it’s way to South America to get him the **** out of there. Moises doesn’t have the experience to take it safe with injuries, he is drunk on the pride and achievement of playing for his Country. No one in Ecuador seems overly bothered about protecting him from serious injury so the sooner our evacuation squad descends on Brazil and extracts him, the better!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hope that Tony has one of his jets on it’s way to South America to get him the **** out of there. Moises doesn’t have the experience to take it safe with injuries, he is drunk on the pride and achievement of playing for his Country. No one in Ecuador seems overly bothered about protecting him from serious injury so the sooner our evacuation squad descends on Brazil and extracts him, the better!

You’ve been watching too many thrillers,, have we contacted the CIA yet?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Completely agree. No way should he be doing anything until he has a scan on his knee to see what the issue is. FFS, they are letting him jump around with the rest of the team when he should be on crutches and icing up his knee. The lad cost us £5m and if Tim Vickery is to be believed is valued far higher than this. Get him properly looked after and assessed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here