Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Conway offers a different approach to both Buckley and Lua Lua and we could do with all options as the season progresses towards the play offs or dare I say it automatic.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Wouldn't mind betting that one from Forest, QPR or Leicester will be in for him in January

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If as suggested somebody offered £5m for Buckley I would be happy to take 50% of that and sign Conway as his replacement for next to nothing as he is out of contract at the end of the season.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If as suggested somebody offered £5m for Buckley I would be happy to take 50% of that and sign Conway as his replacement for next to nothing as he is out of contract at the end of the season.

Personally, I don't see Conway as a replacement for Buckley, I think they are completely different players. Buckley is about pace and beating full backs, Conway is about linking the midfield to the attack from the wing whether it be through balls or pin point crosses. I'd very much like to Conway back here but try him behind Ulloa, I think he would be perfect foil for the big Argie.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Personally, I don't see Conway as a replacement for Buckley, I think they are completely different players. Buckley is about pace and beating full backs, Conway is about linking the midfield to the attack from the wing whether it be through balls or pin point crosses. I'd very much like to Conway back here but try him behind Ulloa, I think he would be perfect foil for the big Argie.

I can see your reasoning but we could use Lua Lua in the Buckley role although not as good but he could do it.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Conway offers much more than KLL, has a better understanding of the game and plays much more intelligently. Whilst KLL offers an explosive input as a substitute I feel his understanding of what is going on is limited. Sorry to see Conway go a very keen player who both Buckley and KLL could do well to look at in terms of his attitude and ability.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
He's got a good 5 years more experience than KLL - Kazenga is technically a far better player, I agree that he's not as intelligent but he's learning - I would have him on my team sheet before Conway every time.

KLL is a very exciting player, but technically apart from holding the game up for two seconds before pushing past an opponent or the same leg over the ball he does every time, I can see no great technical ability at all. he has his place and it comes half way through the second half, have to disagree with you on this one, I feel Conway is a much better option for someone to help us get to the playoffs.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't think i'm in the cling to Conway club. He's an option to bring back if we're still so low on wide men, but i don't feel he carries much threat for much of the time, easily overpowered and not with enough pace to really scamper clear. He's alright, but 2 or 3 performances, ok yes when he'd gained fitness and understanding he'd improved significantly, don't make him a championship addition to the squad. I suppose it all really comes down to any of our wingers getting fit and staying it, which i know to be a tad impossible.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
He's got a good 5 years more experience than KLL - Kazenga is technically a far better player, I agree that he's not as intelligent but he's learning - I would have him on my team sheet before Conway every time.

Problem with KLL is he has tunnel vision whereas he's head down with looking what's around him and hardly see him wip crosses in like conway. KLL might scare the opposition with his pace but he's got very little end product.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Conway is very good technically, he posseses great touch, control, passing ability and crossing ability. Lua Lua is a wild card, he's still very fast and can beat any full back over a 5 yards but then his delivery is extremely erratic and his shooting is equally rash, he simply doesn't posses the ability to place a shot or curl a shot into the corner, he simply blasts everything as hard as he can.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Conway is very good technically, he posseses great touch, control, passing ability and crossing ability. Lua Lua is a wild card, he's still very fast and can beat any full back over a 5 yards but then his delivery is extremely erratic and his shooting is equally rash, he simply doesn't posses the ability to place a shot or curl a shot into the corner, he simply blasts everything as hard as he can.

Agree, and I think because of the injuries he has picked up over the last four years, especially breaking his ankle, he almost tries too hard when he gets a chance.

Can't fault his effort, he puts the opposition on the back foot, and is a crowd pleaser, but I would like to see some more composure in his game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here