Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway - not good enough

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would still rather see March or Dickensen being given the chance, but he was ok yesterday. Won a penalty from a clumsy oaf and put a crosd into a good area which JFC got to.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He was great yesterday. 2 assists, if you include winning the pen. Very involved. I think the OP may have jumped the gun ;-)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Showed yesterday what the club saw in him to make them sign him. A better prospect at the moment than Dickenson or March who could both be on the bench and perhaps used for a few minutes. Problem is that with players coming back some of the younger players may drop down the order this season, but time is on their side.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My point for suggesting we give March minutes is that if we accept this is a transition season - we are not getting promoted imo - let's use the opportunity to give players like March and Ince more gametime whilst players like Kaz are out. I'm not suggesting we need to be cavalier, but I simply don't see that a loanee like Conway is demonstrating that substantially higher level of quality to keep March out.

But we can get promoted. We're not far off a play off spot. The final outcome of the season is not set in stone.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would still rather see March or Dickensen being given the chance, but he was ok yesterday. Won a penalty from a clumsy oaf and put a crosd into a good area which JFC got to.

He didn't 'put it into an area', he specifically picked out JFC. It was a great run by Jake, and an accurate pass from Conway.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Rugrat;6025934[B said:
]Excellent performance[/B], improving all the time

nothing like being a little OTT. Excellent - Really? he was above average definitely. Kooshack was excellent.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
He was great yesterday. 2 assists, if you include winning the pen. Very involved. I think the OP may have jumped the gun ;-)

People jumping the gun? Nah. Surely not. We shouldn't be allowing players to settle before writing them off!!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
He doesn't run at the defenders well enough, and hes not got too much pace either, hes not got the look of a winger, seems to look more like a CF.

On a few occasions when he was running alone the wing, there where opportunities to run through gaps and make his way to the to the line and cross a ball in, or run at players and get a something, but he choose to cut back and therefore we lost all the momentum. Where as Buckley or Lua Lua you feel would of created something.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Showed yesterday what the club saw in him to make them sign him. A better prospect at the moment than Dickenson or March who could both be on the bench and perhaps used for a few minutes. Problem is that with players coming back some of the younger players may drop down the order this season, but time is on their side.

I agree with this (though not necessarily potentially better than BD and SM), his form has been improving game on game and by yesterday, in my opinion, he made a significant contribution.

Given he has only been with us for a few weeks and with personal issues ( rehousing and new child ) I think he is coming along nicely and perhaps will be considered for a contract come January

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

How I saw it as well. Felt he played fairly well though, but would still likel to see March given a go, if not instead of Conway, definitely Spanish Dave. Dickinson not good enough and I believe will be released.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How I saw it as well. Felt he played fairly well though, but would still likel to see March given a go, if not instead of Conway, definitely Spanish Dave. Dickinson not good enough and I believe will be released.

Agree with this. Conway has evidently been improving, albeit rather slowly, whereas Spanish is still looking rather laboured. I'd like to Conway one side and a player with pace (March) on the other. Whilst Conway isn't blessed with pace he isn't slow, he's got very quick feet and a good delivery.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
He doesn't run at the defenders well enough, and hes not got too much pace either, hes not got the look of a winger, seems to look more like a CF.

On a few occasions when he was running alone the wing, there where opportunities to run through gaps and make his way to the to the line and cross a ball in, or run at players and get a something, but he choose to cut back and therefore we lost all the momentum. Where as Buckley or Lua Lua you feel would of created something.

What you feel and what actually happens is often very different!

LuaLua has spent a long time getting back to his League 1 best; Buckley has been a long way off his best so far this season.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Or . . he won us a penalty with a quick turn, and put the goal on a plate for JFC to head in. Why play players that aren't as good? It's not like we're flooded with our first choices!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Agree with this. Conway has evidently been improving, albeit rather slowly, whereas Spanish is still looking rather laboured. I'd like to Conway one side and a player with pace (March) on the other. Whilst Conway isn't blessed with pace he isn't slow, he's got very quick feet and a good delivery.

Agree with this, Lopez is finding it hard to get in the game and lacks pace. Probably why we only gave him another season here to prove himself. I'm pretty sure that the second half of the season we will see March as the replacement instead of Lopez for when Buckley is ruled out. But for now Oscar has got to put Lopez to the test.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here