Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway - How Quickly ?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It is all a question of comparison, yes he did well in relation to what we expected from a young lad making a very rare appearance but is he ready to be thrown in
week in week out when we are expecting him to produce the goods for us to get promoted. No he isnt, he is better to be used as an unknown impact sub

Wasn't March playing on the 'wrong' side? He is naturally left-footed so would have had an impact on crossing the ball as he would have to keep coming inside. He only played on that side because it would have left us with a lack of experience on the left with Chicksen behind.

The benefit of Conway is that he can play on either side, so would fit in around whoever we play on the wing.

Currently:

Bridcutt, Ince, Crofts
KLL, Ulloa, Conway

Orlandi??

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Speaking to my cardiff season ticket holding friend, he thinks that Conway will definately not be with them come the end of jan. They are just about to sign 2 midfielders that OGS knows from his Molde days.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wasn't March playing on the 'wrong' side? He is naturally left-footed so would have had an impact on crossing the ball as he would have to keep coming inside. He only played on that side because it would have left us with a lack of experience on the left with Chicksen behind.

The benefit of Conway is that he can play on either side, so would fit in around whoever we play on the wing.

Orlandi??

I agree re Orlandi. Still, we need more than one option if we are serious about promotion.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How quickly can he be bought back by loan or by permanent transfer ?

Any chance of him being in place for Bournemouth ?

I do not why a very ordinary makeshift injury replacement is even getting mentioned. I am not sure we signed Conway on the loan in the first place. Even less impressed than I thought I would be. Long crosses cause he could not beat his man turned out lucky.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Orlandi??

That explains the complete mismatch. Kelly, the Reading left back was hopelessly right footed.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
who else would u play with conway excluding the defence

Currently:

Bridcutt, Ince, Crofts
KLL, Ulloa, Conway

If we're playing all out attack I'd have Orlandi instead of Crofts when he's fit. If not and we need bodies in midfield, have Conway on the right with Orlandi on the left, keep Crofts in the middle. Get KLL on when the game opens up a bit. Easy this management lark.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I do not why a very ordinary makeshift injury replacement is even getting mentioned. I am not sure we signed Conway on the loan in the first place. Even less impressed than I thought I would be. Long crosses cause he could not beat his man turned out lucky.

So a player who made a big contribution to Cardiff's promotion, and has got better and better with every game with us, culminating in his goal against Leicester, is not good enough for us. Yeah, right!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If we're playing all out attack I'd have Orlandi instead of Crofts when he's fit. If not and we need bodies in midfield, have Conway on the right with Orlandi on the left, keep Crofts in the middle. Get KLL on when the game opens up a bit. Easy this management lark.

Makes sense.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

But you also think Buckley is worth £7.5m. This highlights how little you know about current affairs.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
But you also think Buckley is worth £7.5m. This highlights how little you know about current affairs.

You are getting emotional. Never sell a good player off-form on the cheap with a long contract. That is the player to buy with a limited budget. Buckley is the best winger we have ever had in 50 years and Lualua is the second best on his day.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Seriously? He didn't start too great but this is nonsense.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You are getting emotional. Buckley is the best winger we have ever had in 50 years and Lualua is the second best on his day.

You are getting carried away. Elliot Bennett, Steve Penney, Gerry Ryan, Peter O'Sullivan, Wally Gould...... lots more.....
All better than these two good as they are

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You are getting emotional. Never sell a good player off-form on the cheap with a long contract. That is the player to buy with a limited budget. Buckley is the best winger we have ever had in 50 years and Lualua is the second best on his day.

I can assure you Percy, I'm not getting emotional. I agree with you about not selling a good player when he's off form but even at his very best it would be difficult to argue Buckley's worth being £7.5m.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Orlandi Ince Andrews LuaLua
Barnes
Ulloa

is how I'd go.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Would be good to see some good news on incoming players soon. Loss of Barnes and Crofts in a week is hard to take

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here