Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway - How Quickly ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If we got him back, would we need clearance from the Welsh FA all over again? If so, I could see it being the middle of February before he got a game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Then of course he is out of contract and unless they want to offer him a new one, presumably they will try and get something for him now...that of course may be to another club other than brighton

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yes, the Transfer window opens on the 1st when anyone from the entire squad can play. I guess the next 25 man squad deadline is at the end of the widow. Hence why Conway won't arrive here anytime soon.
Actually I think I've just made all that up.

You have ^
I suspect the only reason that some people know this rule is FM.

(never played it)

That's correct.
During the transfer window, the club can play any player from the squad.
At the end of the window (31st Jan) they have to rename the 25.

Ha.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
On another note is Conway is average, would rather see some flair from Barcelona B come in to tear it up.

I think that's harsh on Conway. He was poor to start with but, having settled in, played really well towards the end of his loan spell. He was a key part in Cardiff's promotion and could be an important part of a promotion push for us too if we get him back.

As for Barcelona B players, they are in effect like signing Arsenal or Chelsea reserves. We've made some great signings from these clubs, especially Bridcutt and Ince, but they don't always work and they'd have the added problem of moving overseas and playing in a completely different division to in Spain. We might play similar football but they won't face teams/conditions like we did at Charlton very often. I'm not saying it won't work, just that some people seem to be obsessed with this but they may not be the answer.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Even if we signed him at midnight on New Year's Eve, he would be allowed to play against Bournemouth. It would be great if we could sign him for the Birmingham home game but as has been said elsewhere, Mackay sacking may make that less likely.

If it's going to be the end of January before we can sign him, we might try to get another winger on a month's loan as KLL would be our only available winger otherwise.

Perfect opportunity for Solly March to get a chance, his proposed loan was delayed cos of Kaz and Buckleys injuries.
So before he gets loaned out in January, get him in the team for Buckers.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Perfect opportunity for Solly March to get a chance, his proposed loan was delayed cos of Kaz and Buckleys injuries.
So before he gets loaned out in January, get him in the team for Buckers.

Interesting thought. Is he ready though? If KLL got injured, he would be first choice winger while Buckley is out. I know Ince has done brilliantly after being thrown in but that doesn't happen with all young players. I've only briefly seen March as a sub for the first team so it's a genuine question rather than disagreeing with playing him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On another note is Conway is average, would rather see some flair from Barcelona B come in to tear it up.
We have a whole Summer for that kind of fun.

January, pushing for promotion, requires a player that knows what he's doing re the Championship and ideally knows the team he's coming into.
Conway could be our greatest signing EVER.

While our competition are scratching around throwing a few million here and there on players they hope can do a job, we can get the player who WILL do a job.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Interesting thought. Is he ready though? If KLL got injured, he would be first choice winger while Buckley is out. I know Ince has done brilliantly after being thrown in but that doesn't happen with all young players. I've only briefly seen March as a sub for the first team so it's a genuine question rather than disagreeing with playing him.

Was Ross Berkley ready for Everton this season?
We will never know if he isnt given a chance.
Oscar said JFK, Rohan and Solly are the future of this club, he is in the 1st team squad, trains with them, only one way to find out.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Was Ross Berkley ready for Everton this season?
We will never know if he isnt given a chance.
Oscar said JFK, Rohan and Solly are the future of this club, he is in the 1st team squad, trains with them, only one way to find out.

JFK lacks the brains (and a pulse) to play a part for our great club.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The sooner the better, especially with WB's injury. Surely, we need to get Conway in at the start of the window.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Conway the only winger we have had that can cross the football shame all his time here coincided with ulloa being injured. Good winger good crosser him and ulloa could be the watson/zamora partnereship should we resign him in jan.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Conway is not average. If we sign him, I'm quite confident that he'll put enough balls on Leo's bonce to take his total past 20 goals. I'm not convinced, much the same as the maligned Malkay, that Conway is good enough for the Premier League. This suggests that we should renew his loan, rather than buy him, or buy him on a 18-month deal with no significant increase to his contract if we get promoted.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I cant help thinking that Conway will wait on whoever takes over from MM,.... a new manager could be his route back into the first team.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

This statement is incorrect, IMO. Conway proved he was quite a classy little player, it took him a while to settle but he was very influential after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here