Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Controversial opinions

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I've finally made it to the front of the queue, does anyone know where I can get a decent stream for this thread :whistle:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The whole Albion squad are far too good for Division 1, even on a bad day.

None of them are faultless or world class, even on a good day.

It is impossible for a player to swing between the two extremes above on a monthly/weekly/hourly basis.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Lots of 'controversial' opinions aren't that controversial at all.

They're just 'opinions' :shrug:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We probably need 5+ new, upgraded players if we are going to push on from 15th upwards.

Not massively controversial, but there was nowhere else to put it :shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I thought the FA Cup semi final/Wembley experience last season as an occasion and spectacle was a bit rubbish.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lots of 'controversial' opinions aren't that controversial at all.

They're just 'opinions' :shrug:

Was a bit disappointed when I saw that the thread was "Controversial opinions... on football".

Outside of football I have an almost obscene amounth of controversial opinions, about football however.. not so much.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
D4E41B84-E9C9-474F-9423-A0614B521132.jpeg

The ban on boomerangs at the Amex is a joke. I took one to the Chelsea game and got thrown out nineteen times

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
NSC gets talked about as some brilliant online community on here a lot, but I’d argue it’s a pretty average community as forums go; maybe even slightly below average.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
1. Knockaert never wanted to leave. Dan Ashworth forced him to.

2. I’m not sure what Ashworth brings to the club

3. Hope Powell isn’t very good

4. Simon Rusk should be doing better

6. The “we’re the North side” song is a **** Arsenal song and anyone found singing it should be shot on site. It’s a sign that the game is rubbish when this gets towed out

7. The North Stand isn’t very good at starting new songs and creating an atmosphere

8. Bielsa would have been a better appointment than Potter

9. Maupay and Murray should be first choice strikers

10. Matt Clarke is better than Webster and Ben White

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I am a bit pissed at the club for replying to my email about buying tickets for the couple of games that I was over from Australia for, isn't possible because I don't have any priority points ( a little hard to accumulate from here.

All the support I gave the club through the dark times has apparently expired.

I can see on social media plenty of people who took the piss out of me for supporting Brighton in those days happily taking their kids along to games now. They wouldn't have stepped foot in the Goldstone, Priestfield or the Withdean and didn't spit on us when we were on fire (metaphorically speaking) back then.

I didn't expect anything else and I will get tickets for the games somehow through friends or family. It has just irritated me a bit.

Things like this piss me right off!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Olly pope( who has just got a hundred btw) is better than the whole Sussex team put together.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Amex is never going to feel like a proper football ground until the North Stand is developed so it is double its present size. Right now it looks about as formidable and intimidating as Charles Hawtrey. All this 'never going to happen' business is related to increasing capacity. This isn't about capacity (although my suggestion would obviously achieve that). It is about converting a 'community' safe space into a proper football stadium.

If 3k can’t make a noise I don’t know if 5 or 6 would Harry. It’s not good though is it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here