Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Controlling The Weather Is Reality

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It would be more surprising if governments/the military weren't at least experimenting with it. From what I have seen they make no secret of it. I don't believe they would have used it to create monsoons in Vietnam as it would have put their own troops at a disadvantage, mind you they weren't adverse to napalming areas their own troops were operating in so who knows. If they had managed to pull it off it would have been far more humanitarian than fire bombing the place anyway, so where's the problem?

The fact that one scientist on a news programme stated it as a fact doesn't convince me either. I would want to see where he got his evidence from before I trusted him as a source.

I saw somewhere that they sometimes try seeding on Presidential inauguration days so the weather is nice and clear. It rarely works though. Either way, it's not especially harmful as the moisture has to be there anyway so at some point it would have rained. Phrases like "weaponising the weather" are shock phrases used by tabloid newspapers and conspiracy theorists to make what they are "reporting" seem vital and important. In fact conspiracy theorists use a lot of these type of shock phrases to get people's attention and the same goes with their use of pseudo scientific axioms and phrases, concepts they inc=variably misinterpret anyway.

Cognitive Dissonance for example, as I've stated before, was a phrase coined by Festinger to describe the phsycological state of a group of UFO believers whose predicted alien apocalypse never came to pass:

"An early version of cognitive dissonance theory appeared in Leon Festinger's 1956 book, When Prophecy Fails. This book gives an account of the deepening of cult members' faith following the failure of a cult's prophecy that a UFO landing was imminent. The believers met at a pre-determined place and time, believing they alone would survive the Earth's destruction. The appointed time came and passed without incident. They faced acute cognitive dissonance: had they been the victim of a hoax? Had they donated their worldly possessions in vain? Most members chose to believe something less dissonant to resolve reality not meeting their expectations: they believed that the aliens had given Earth a second chance, and the group was now empowered to spread the word that earth-spoiling must stop. The group dramatically increased their proselytism despite the failed prophecy"

Festinger, L., Riecken, H.W., & Schachter, S. (1956). When prophecy fails. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press

Almost exactly the reaction CT's had when the 2012 Olympics failed to produce any of their predictions.

I would imagine the CT's misread the piece and mistakenly adopted it to lend their weak arguments some credence. In fact most descriptions of CD describe perfectly the behaviour of CT's we have witnessed on this very forum:

"Dissonance is aroused when people are confronted with information that is inconsistent with their beliefs. If the dissonance is not reduced by changing one's belief, the dissonance can result in restoring consonance through misperception, rejection or refutation of the information, seeking support from others who share the beliefs, and attempting to persuade others"

Harmon-Jones, Eddie, A Cognitive Dissonance Theory Perspective on Persuasion, in The Persuasion Handbook: Developments in Theory and Practice, James Price Dillard, Michael Pfau, eds. 2002. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, p.101

One point that particularly rings true is this example of CD:

Explain inexplicable feelings: When a disaster occurs in a community, irrationally fearful rumors spread in nearby communities not involved in the disaster because of the need of those who are not threatened to justify their anxieties.

Prasad, J. (1950). A comparative study of rumours and reports in earthquakes. British Journal of Psychology, 41(3-4), 129-144

9/11, Weather phenomena?

CD exists in all areas of society and life but for one group ie CT's to keep trotting the phrase out ad- nauseum in a misguided attempt to discredit any opposing argument to their theories smacks of CD in itself and also displays a gross misinterpretation of the concept. In fact, any opposing argument to anyone's statements could have the CD argument levelled at it. It's telling that CT's resort to this phrase without truly understanding it's meaning.

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I think it's fine to attack people with a weapon called weather control. I don't see what the fuss is all about on this thread? So what if the CIA attacked the vietcong with controlled weather! Big deal, we all knew that anyway! CT's are always late on the news "tut tut." I don't think it matters at all what the CIA are doing, It's not like weather kills anyone now!
The CT'S are complete numbskulls who know nothing and all believe the same thing. How on earth do they think they can get away with speculating info is beyond me!!
It actually really pisses me off what CT's do.
I'll never forgive them for the Olympics! They were trying to claim something was going to happen! The biggest deployment of troops since the world wars is hardly 'an event'.
They make everything up off the top of their head and want to destroy the world with their lies! They think lizards are real! Idiots!
It's clearly CT's who suffer from Cognitive dissonance! They are the ones who start binfesting threads and start insulting users with alternative angles to the common one. They think differently which means they need help.
I ****ing hate CT's, they should all be gassed!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
It's been happening for years according to Wiki! And there are at least 2 military projects that seem to be in the public domain regarding it. Not sure what the issue is myself.

Exactly what i was thinking. So what if the CIA used it in war? None of us died from it!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Don't forget the 21st December 2012, the world would end we were told, the Myans said so and they believed it.

When it didn't the story was warped into something along the lines of something happened which would change the world forever, but we wouldn't know about it for years to come.:facepalm:

Yeah total spanners! The idiots thought a shift in consciousness would be marked by the date 2012/ 21/12. *******s got that wrong didn't they! I haven't changed so I'm presuming no one else has either!
I hate conspiracy theorists, nothing worse than a nutjob tinfoil hatter looking forward to some change! Send them to borstal!!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I think you are missing the point the about cognitive dissonance. Yourself and The Truth are just as (if not far more) prone to cognitive dissonance as any of the people on the 'other side' of this discussion. Did you ever get round to explaining why there wasn't a major terrorist (or Illuminati, or lizardmen, or whatever) event at the 2012 Olympics, after all of the hype you gave it? No, you swept it under the carpet and chose to ignore the fact that it never happened. Is that not classic cognitive dissonance?

Bang on mate. The CT's should come out of the cracks and admit they were making up these conspiracies to gain attention and make some friends. These people need to be blamed for the galactic alignment on the 21 of december last year. It only happens every 20,000 (years i think) How dare these CT'S think that a something might of happened after!!! That really pisses me off that does! Nothing worse than a load of star trek fans thinking they understand every thing!!
Send them to the dungeons!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I pretty much don't give any time to his crackpot ideas, I do however give some time to insulting him.

I'll sign up to that! The mods are obviously fine with it!
Those Lizard believing tinfoil hat wearing chemtrail shagging anti establishment corporate hatters need to listen to people who know best. A trip down to Weatherspoons will teach them a political lesson or two.
Hopefully they will have a wash before they go out too!
Bloody CT's aye! Imagine the world without them! Paradise with a pint of Carling.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Come on now Mr Truth, don't throw a Strop, I'm actually coming around to your ideas.

As it happens I have simultaneously run out of Kleenex, Paper Towels and Toilet Paper.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Come on now Mr Truth, don't throw a Strop, I'm actually coming around to your ideas.

As it happens I have simultaneously run out of Kleenex, Paper Towels and Toilet Paper.

Sorry, it's just these CT's are really getting to me, I can't avoid reading their threads and posts! Someone needs to tell them to get a life.....Oh nibble has (good man)
Don't worry about the toilet roll, It was probably a Lizard king who took your last sheet. If not then the chem trails probably are to blame1 ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ct's are always going to get it RIPPED out of them with our original humour! CT;s doon't kbnow humour even if it was an illuminatti member lol lol lol lol .

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
You are finally coming to terms with the fact that we don't give a toss about your CT's.

Well done.

Yeah the god dam CT'S. Someone needs to teach them a lesson! We don't give a shit about what they say! First time i've read one of their ridiculous threads. It's Bloody absurd that they think weather control used as a weapon in teh 60's by the CIA is something worth talking about!
They need to get a grip of the real world and realise the BBC is where the truth really lies!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:lolol: nurse! we've broken The Truth, again.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

I'm not broken! I'm jus outraged at what the CT's are trying to do to our planet! If we're not careful, all of us will need a nurse!
(I bloody hate those CT'S!!!!!!!!!)

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The Truth has also asked many times about what the CIA man said and he (Kaku) clearly states the it was used to create monsoons to washout the vietcong, not sure why people deny he said this! Anyway, they said alleged, so no facts yet.

Off to bed, will check out this binfest in the morning. :D

People on NSC are denying what the scientist said because they know a lot more about this subject than that nutjob tinfoil hat wearing scientist (he's a CT too, don't trust him).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Oh dear! Has he gone bonkers again? I imagine at this stage in one of his threads the sound of clock springs pinging out of his ears and him wondering downstairs to ask if his Mum will make him some alphabetti spaghetti and watch his favourite Disney film with him. Bless.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
FFS you are an idiot.

Piss off you CT nutjob! Go and hide within your cave of lies. Don't think you can come on here and berate the people who know everything with all your made up fantasy shite. Just because you shag lizards and worship David Icke doesn't mean you're right! Now piss off you Tinfoil hat wearing mars bar crunching chemtrail searching lunatic!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Like I say. Baby. I think I've been drawn into your pathetic world quite enough. On to ignore you pop, for my own sanity. Night night you crazy sausage.

You are an inspiration and a man of your word. Together we'll destroy these god dam conspiracies! post 136 shows you're staying strong. Goodluck and don't feel the tempt.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Oh dear! Has he gone bonkers again? I imagine at this stage in one of his threads the sound of clock springs pinging out of his ears and him wondering downstairs to ask if his Mum will make him some alphabetti spaghetti and watch his favourite Disney film with him. Bless.

My mum actually died recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here