Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Contract extension to 2025 for Graham Potter

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Some volcano just erupted in Prague. Or [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] head just blew off.
Personally not bad news and sensible given the amount of jobs likely to be on the market soon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not completely sold on him but I am sure that when he has the players to play his system we will improve but I am worried that this could include buying more similar to Webster who I am also not sold on as I do not think that his defending is up to the level we need.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Fantastic news, I really do think he’s going to be special.

Now he needs some support in the next couple of transfer windows. I think he’s done superbly so far with what he has available but there are very obvious weaknesses in the side and squad. Add in the promising youngsters we have coming through, we could be in a really exciting place in a season of two.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
6 month 'probabation' completed I reckon, plus perhaps some sniffing around as the half-season merry-go-round gets into full swing - not a lot of young, progressive English coaches around. Huge vote of confidence from Uncle Tony, no doubt supported 100% by Ashworth. Must be some impressive stuff being seen off the pitch as well as on it. Great news......

Last edited:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Can be bought out after the inevitable panic-stricken manager change.

Sure it'll cost £, but compared to a 20-goal striker, it's change from between the sofa cushions.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This is fantastic news

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
6 month 'probabation' completed I reckon, plus perhaps some sniffing around as the half-season merry-go-round gets into full swing - not a lot pf young, progressive English coaches around. Huge vote of confidence from Uncle Tony, no doubt supported 100% by Ashworth. Must be some impressive stuff being seen off the pitch as well as on it. Great news......

Agree, this says a lot I think that the players must be happy, support staff happy, senior management happy, owner happy. You never quite know how someone will fit in after interviews etc. but this is probably a clear message that as well as performances and results, things are looking very good behind the scenes too.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've finally succumbed to Spence's influential barrage, and i am devastated by this news. I only hope a misguided huger club than ours makes the mistake of admiring him and off he trots on a stepping stone to more noticeable disaster.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He was appointed on May 20th, so its pretty much 6 months exactly. I reckon he's probably hit some pre-determined 6 month target to earn this.

Last time our manager hit targets we sacked him

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am not completely sold on him but I am sure that when he has the players to play his system we will improve but I am worried that this could include buying more similar to Webster who I am also not sold on as I do not think that his defending is up to the level we need.

After stepping up from the Championship Webster has played all of SEVEN games in the PL and looked very decent, yet you've already decided he's not good enough ?

Webster is exactly the type of Potter signing you're going to have to get used to. And I'm ok with that.

el punal

What’s not “sold on you” fortunately does not affect the direction the club are taking, having said that I’m sure they hang on to every bit of advice that you give. :drink:

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Seems a bit premature. He obviously has some nice ideas and is progressive, but we need some evidence of pragmatism and a plan B. The last couple of games have shown tactical naivety that he needs to learn from.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Was scraping into 17th place the target?
I'm only being semi-serious.
I think survival was. But that's good as we're bang on for that 12th with 15 points. Exactly the same as last year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here