Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Contract extension to 2025 for Graham Potter

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Time will tell
How long?

It strikes me that your bold predictions of failure are deliberately vague.

You come on here after each loss proclaiming that you are ahead of the curve on this.

So tell us, when will you get your desired relegation, showing the Brighton fans of NSC that you were right?

Perhaps you could also tell us what Potter and our team need to do to convince you that he is a decent manager?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This has to be good news doesn't it? Being a Hughton " inner" I was confused when Bloom sacked THE LEGEND THAT IS CHRIS HUGHTON. I was appalled we may appoint one of the dull old names that gets recycled on the manager merry go round. Then Potter was appointed, a leftfield choice and massive gamble. What's not to like with giving him an extended contract. It's not guaranteed GP will even save us from relegation, but then who could. What he does bring is the hope of young players rising from the youth set up to first team football. The players he has chosen through this route have excelled and put the more expensive shipped out signings to shame. GP is work in progress and we are still in for a very tough season but the youth set up conveyer is now up and running and Potter was the catalyst for this. The King is dead.......long live the king.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How long?

It strikes me that your bold predictions of failure are deliberately vague.

You come on here after each loss proclaiming that you are ahead of the curve on this.

So tell us, when will you get your desired relegation, showing the Brighton fans of NSC that you were right?

Perhaps you could also tell us what Potter and our team need to do to convince you that he is a decent manager?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Yep, after we get relegated in 2029, the run to our second consecutive CL final killing our league form, TB decides it’s time for a change of manager and fires Potter the morning after we lose the final 4-1 to Real Madrid. First post on NSC after the sacking is announced is Spence, saying ‘see, I told you he was shit’ [emoji23][emoji23]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
A lot of Potter's reputation was built on what he did in Sweden - with apparently no money - yet the owner has been convicted for a massive fraud after funneling major money into the club on the q.t. and hiving off tax revenue.

The upshot is that the club is now effectively bankrupt - with the club to be relegated back to where they were they were when Potter was appointed, the Swedish third division (just for comparison - Ostersunds is roughly similar to a team playing in the second tier of the League of Ireland).

I sense that Potter has a good PR company behind him and he got out before the s*it that he knew was coming hit the fan.

What a horric post. So you causally, accuse Potter, the man of being a criminal?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
What a horric post. So you causally, accuse Potter, the man of being a criminal?

Nope - did not - the criminal was Daniel Kindberg and he was convicted and sentenced to 3 years in prison.

Potter jumped ship just in time before everything went belly up. The people I actually have some sympathy for are Ian Burchnall - he is left with the mess to clean up - and the 4,000ish supporters who turn up to games.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
the youth set up conveyer is now up and running and Potter was the catalyst for this.

Ah now - hang on a minute - Potter has been at the club for a few months - the players coming through (and it will be some time before it is clear how many make the grade) were all in the youth set-up before Potter arrived (indeed most came to the club while Hughton was manager)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yep, after we get relegated in 2029, the run to our second consecutive CL final killing our league form, TB decides it’s time for a change of manager and fires Potter the morning after we lose the final 4-1 to Real Madrid. First post on NSC after the sacking is announced is Spence, saying ‘see, I told you he was shit’ [emoji23][emoji23]

:laugh::laugh:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Ah now - hang on a minute - Potter has been at the club for a few months - the players coming through (and it will be some time before it is clear how many make the grade) were all in the youth set-up before Potter arrived (indeed most came to the club while Hughton was manager)

I don't disagree with you but Potter was the catalyst to get the conveyer belt moving, he slung untried and untested in at the deep end and was brave enough to replace failed signings.:wave:

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I don't disagree with you but Potter was the catalyst to get the conveyer belt moving, he slung untried and untested in at the deep end and was brave enough to replace failed signings.:wave:

Two of them - Connolly and Alzate - both of whom were injured last season and when Connolly recovered in April he couldn't get into the Luton team. It is just as likely that Hughton would have played them this season if he was still manager. Indeed Potter intended to send Connolly out on loan until David Weir persuaded him not to after seeing Connolly playing for Ireland U21s in the Toulon tournament in June.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You have very large axe to grind don’t you?

FWIW, I thoroughly enjoyed the vast majority of time that CH was with us. We were lucky to have him. However, the last few months had some of the most soul destroying football i’ve watched at the Albion in many a year. The Bournemouth game in particular was hideous. IMHO, It showed up the flaws in CH managerial ability.
GP is very much a different style of manager and I for one am enjoying the experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Well, not really: he was already contracted for this season.
He'd have to keep the club up for 6 seasons for it to be worthwhile monetarily.

Sounds like a challenge!

Established top 10 team, absolute bargain

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Well, not really: he was already contracted for this season.
He'd have to keep the club up for 6 seasons for it to be worthwhile monetarily.

Established top 10 team!

It's a deal, it's a steal,
it's the sale of the the fuggin century!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here