Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Constructive thoughts on the first match day experience

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am sure somewhere in the build up we were offered Sporks for all or some similar advanced cutlery, well at the SSC game I had to eat pie with my fingers, hope this is rectified prior to the Season proper starting...

Stadiums without Sporks, shocking...

Attachments

• Spork.jpg
    Spork.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 363

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The only stadium where they've got serving alcohol right to bast numbers in quick manner is Reading. They sell fosters etc in 500ml plastic bottles at a rounded price e.g. £3 not £2.97 (our smart card negates this altogether). But point is you can quick buy e.g. 4 bottles without waiting 35mins for some student to pour (badly) half a dozen pints that then get knocked out of your hands trying to get them back to yer mates through massive crowds. And because no queue ever builds because it's well organised, you buy more rather than don't bother cause queues enormous. Not rocket science is it!!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Adam Smith covered this issue in 1776 in his paper on the Wealth of Nations. Specifically the Division of Labour is the main thrust and when applied to this issue the way to maximise output of, say, lager is to have one person who ONLY pours non stop & others grab & serve. If this starts 10 mins before h/t as at some venues even better

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The only stadium where they've got serving alcohol right to bast numbers in quick manner is Reading. They sell fosters etc in 500ml plastic bottles at a rounded price e.g. £3 not £2.97 (our smart card negates this altogether). But point is you can quick buy e.g. 4 bottles without waiting 35mins for some student to pour (badly) half a dozen pints that then get knocked out of your hands trying to get them back to yer mates through massive crowds. And because no queue ever builds because it's well organised, you buy more rather than don't bother cause queues enormous. Not rocket science is it!!

Which other clubs do Azure service? Surely they must have picked up some tips on maximising sales over the years?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Which other clubs do Azure service? Surely they must have picked up some tips on maximising sales over the years?

Quite a few. I know this as, only yesterday, I thought I'd get in touch to inquire about functions at the Amex. I couldn't find anything on the Albion club site and, despite announcing the Albion deal on the Azure site, there was no way to make an enquiry for the Amex as there was for all of their other grounds.

Defeated, I gave up.

Quite a few. I know this as, only yesterday, I thought I'd get in touch to inquire about functions at the Amex. I couldn't find anything on the Albion club site and, despite announcing the Albion deal on the Azure site, there was no way to make an enquiry for the Amex as there was for all of their other grounds.

Defeated, I gave up.

Try this one then, there's f*** all else on it though.

American Express Community Stadium

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The best distribution of alcohol to supporters is twickenham. There the pints are poured and waiting for people to pay and collect. There is also a queuing system based on barriers separating people off and of course they have loads of people serving.

At the end of the day, the are all ramp up events to iron out issues....hopefully wthe club will look at this thread and pick out the more sensible suggestions.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The best distribution of alcohol to supporters is twickenham. There the pints are poured and waiting for people to pay and collect. There is also a queuing system based on barriers separating people off and of course they have loads of people serving.

At the end of the day, the are all ramp up events to iron out issues....hopefully wthe club will look at this thread and pick out the more sensible suggestions.

I'd question that. I went twice to Twickers within two months a couple of years ago and the queues were huge, I didn't bother to join it. Stadium was impressive though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd question that. I went twice to Twickers within two months a couple of years ago and the queues were huge, I didn't bother to join it. Stadium was impressive though.

Agree 100%. I was there for a 6 Nations game last season and thought that whilst the stadium 'pitchside' is absolutely amazing, the concourse areas left a lot to be desired. It reminded me of old Wembley. I wondered if the stadium had expanded out front, but they'd not been able to keep pace with other facilities.

The queues for all refreshments were horrendous, and the toilets likewise.

Last edited:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Agree 100%. I was there for a 6 Nations game last season and thought that whilst the stadium 'pitchside' is absolutely amazing, the concourse areas left a lot to be designed. It reminded me of old Wembley. I wondered if the stadium had expanded out front, but they'd not been able to keep pace with other facilities.

The queues for all refreshments were horrendous, and the toilets likewise.

I was also put off Twickenham's huge queues so forsook my pre-match beer = money lost to Twickenham. I went for it at half time and found a huge problem in people pushing back through the queue with pints spilling all over the place. Best place for serving beers: cricket. Pre-poured lager, plenty of servers and usually a circular system in and out

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

Defeated, I gave up.

QPR, Glasgow Rangers, Notts Forest, Murrayfield, and many others
Who we are? :: Azure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here