Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Constance Marten and Mark Gordon arrested in Brighton

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Some children are dealt the worst hand possible, through no fault of their own. Very disturbing.

• Sad
Reactions: cjd

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It is very easy to be critical of The Police as key board experts but from the first bulletin from Sussex Police for me Sussex Police have been on the front foot and open on this case. R-i-P little one.
I'm disagreeing with that. They were given information yesterday at 11.45am about a potential significant area of interest. The first signs of them near the location was this morning & they still took a while to cordon that area off. They were 5 minutes away yesterday at 11.45am, dog walkers were walking through the area this morning before it was cordoned off. If they were on the front foot they would've searched the other side of the allotments and golf course yesterday!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm disagreeing with that. They were given information yesterday at 11.45am about a potential significant area of interest. The first signs of them near the location was this morning & they still took a while to cordon that area off. They were 5 minutes away yesterday at 11.45am, dog walkers were walking through the area this morning before it was cordoned off. If they were on the front foot they would've searched the other side of the allotments and golf course yesterday!
Highly unlikely the outcome would be any different. The whole thing is horribly distressing. Poor kid. RIP.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It is very easy to be critical of The Police as key board experts but from the first bulletin from Sussex Police for me Sussex Police have been on the front foot and open on this case. R-i-P little one.
Feel for those who found the poor babies body..not sure I could handle that and don’t wish to find out

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Highly unlikely the outcome would be any different. The whole thing is horribly distressing. Poor kid. RIP.
Indeed. I don’t wish to be macabre but looking closely at the Police statement, they said they had discovered the ‘remains’ of a baby instead of ‘the body’ of a baby. There is an implication there. Poor little thing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
First sensible post on this thread . . . And a question thats not been asked. All very strange.
From the bbc website report this evening ..might answer the question

“A missing persons investigation surrounding Ms Marten and Gordon - a convicted rapist and registered sex offender - began when their car was found alight near Bolton on 5 January.”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm possibly being incredibly dense, or I may have missed it amongst the noise - but why were they on the run?
Because of the sex offenders record, the Social Services probably said they woul remove the baby from them.

It’s possible the baby died during childbirth as they had no medical care, and they just abandoned the body. It is still manslaughter through neglect even if that was the scenario.
All speculation at the moment.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Because of the sex offenders record, the Social Services probably said they woul remove the baby from them.

It’s possible the baby died during childbirth as they had no medical care, and they just abandoned the body. It is still manslaughter through neglect even if that was the scenario.
All speculation at the moment.
I think they were picked up by a taxi at some point, and the taxi driver said he could hear the baby.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
In such very sad circumstances I try to seek the positives.

Is it not a blessing that this baby died so young than to endure a childhood [& life-time scars] with years of potential abuse at the hands of these monsters, aka parents

RIP little mite ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here