Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Constance Marten and Mark Gordon arrested in Brighton

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
I'm tending to agree with PP saying they feared social services.

Now reporting that the baby was deceased 'for a considerable amount of time'.

All too tragic.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
20 years jailtime for a 14 year old rapist would indicate a very shocking and disturbing rape in the UK, but this was a black teenager in the American justice system. 60 years ago he may well have been lynched whether he committed the offence or not. You should not draw the same conclusion as you would if he was convicted in the UK. He may well be a wrong-un though.
Any rape is shocking and disturbing regardless of the perpertrator or geography.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
There will doubtless be an array of mental health experts wheeled out to try and justify their actions, but truth is they were sly enough to evade capture for a long period of time. The wicked ****s were also in a position to have left that poor little mite somewhere warm and safe where he/she could have been found and cared for. Hard to advocate anything other than locking the ****s up and throwing away the key

Of course and in the case of the male, experts will be brought out most likely at taxpayers' expense. The so-called justice systems in the Anglo democratic countries have evolved from capital and corporate (LOL...make that corporal!) punishment based systems into pathetic excuses for finding ways to let criminals get away with whatever crimes they specialize in. And we all take it up the you know what and bitch and moan about it but do nothing in the end.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course and in the case of the male, experts will be brought out most likely at taxpayers' expense. The so-called justice systems in the Anglo democratic countries have evolved from capital and corporate (LOL...make that corporal!) punishment based systems into pathetic excuses for finding ways to let criminals get away with whatever crimes they specialize in. And we all take it up the you know what and bitch and moan about it but do nothing in the end.
Are you suggesting the opportunity for a fair defence should be the preserve of the rich?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm tending to agree with PP saying they feared social services.

Now reporting that the baby was deceased 'for a considerable amount of time'.

All too tragic.
I think I have read somewhere that they had never done anything with the Health Services about registering the pregnancy, so social services may not have been aware. They may have been on the run in some misguided scheme to keep it quiet.

There is only one victim in this, though. Just horrible.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I wonder why the location that the body was found is being described on the BBC as 'woodland near Brighton.' It's IN Brighton (& Hove actually). Geographical illiteracy. Tut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here