[News] Constance Marten and Mark Gordon arrested in Brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Black convicted rapist and white female from posh family. The media in this country are going to have an absolute field day with this. How long until she is also portrayed as the victim?
There’s a possibility she is a victim , she went to Nigeria & joined some cult so there maybe a degree of brainwashing. Obviously the biggest victim is the baby .

Violent black men with white women partners is not unique to this case but what is unusual is the type of family she comes from and her upper class background to become mixed up in all of this .

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If the poor little mite is to be found, it's far more likely to be as a result of a random dog walker or member of the public stumbling across him/her, rather than as a result of deployment of the police helicopter IMHO. Always assuming that was why it was in the air in the first place
Or one of the many Hollingbury Golfers who for some unfathomable reason appear to spend more time off the fairways and in the bushes adjacent…..

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
There’s a possibility she is a victim , she went to Nigeria & joined some cult so there maybe a degree of brainwashing. Obviously the biggest victim is the baby .

Violent black men with white women partners is not unique to this case but what is unusual is the type of family she comes from and her upper class background to become mixed up in all of this .
I mean the aristocracy probably are as likely as anyone else to get mixed up in this, plenty of them are completely unhinged/bad intentions. Background on her father shows he's not exactly the most sensible of blokes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Is it unusual ? Have you heard about the company that Prince Andrew kept ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sadly the temperatures have been so low overnight, I suspect it would not have done much good :down: Tho I fully realise why they had to give it a shot, and respect for that
Which reminds me. I used to love that Police program called Send the Dogs In.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Constance Marten's father Napier Marten spoke of his “immense relief” after his daughter and her boyfriend Mark Gordon were found.

Speaking to The Independent, Constance Marten’s father Napier Marten said: “It is an immense relief to know my beloved daughter Constance has been found, tempered by the very alarming news her baby has yet to be found.

“For whatever reasons she and her partner went on the run, the consequences of their actions have increased many fold. It would have been far better if they had handed themselves in earlier.”

He said he was “profoundly grateful” to the police for committing “great resources” to searching for his daughter.

hmmmm

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Constance Marten, 35, is from a wealthy family and had a privileged upbringing, attending private school and living in a stately home in Dorset.
Police said she became estranged from her family after meeting Gordon while a drama student in 2016.
Gordon, a registered sex offender, was deported to Britain from the United States in 2010 after spending 20 years in prison for a rape he committed aged 14.

It is obviously a case of a criminal American causing great harm to a Brit from a good family who was trying to get money from her and her family.
Why is Britain accepting a registered sex offender from the USA after his years in prison? Its obviously worked out really well for everyone concerned :mad:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Why is Britain accepting a registered sex offender from the USA after his years in prison? Its obviously worked out really well for everyone concerned :mad:
Without any research I assume he’s British as was deported after serving his sentence in America?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What a pair, the child is obviously dead.
Very disturbing. The baby may have died a few weeks ago. Very sad it was not with the parents.

Reading between the lines, there could be a blue tent up near the golf closure with a huge amount of cash in it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Area being searched is 7 miles wide and 13 miles long and the couple have been living outside. They will have to put out an appeal at some point as they cannot possibly search all the downland and heathland in an area that big quickly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So did I …. there’s no sweeter sound than a burglar screaming “get him off me”, with the handler ‘accidentally’ taking 30 seconds too long to act.
It was superb. My favourite episode was in Essex..I think. There was some criminal being chased on the ground and by chopper at night. He eventually hid in a wheely-bin but the helicopter with it's heat-seeking thingy saw this and alerted the police to the bin. Then the cry of 'send in the dogs' , dog is released and scampers all over the bin, which topples over and a chav falls out. :lolol:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Thing is, there are tents all over the city now with homeless people in them. It's a fairly common sight down Victoria Gardens FFS, never mind in Stanmer Park. I hope they find the baby, poor blameless mite.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Area being searched is 7 miles wide and 13 miles long and the couple have been living outside. They will have to put out an appeal at some point as they cannot possibly search all the downland and heathland in an area that big quickly.
There have been subtle appeals...
“My plea to the members of the public here in Brighton and crossing over towards Newhaven is please be vigilant in the open land where you are, in the outbuildings that you may have on your own property, and assist us in that way by being vigilant.”
They'd usually say something along the lines of.... 'stay away from the area, bugger off & let us do our job'. Hence my decision to walk my dog in the usual place whilst being far more vigilant than usual, whilst also crapping myself that I may come across something horrific.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports