Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Constance Marten and Mark Gordon arrested in Brighton

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The key will be for the police to isolate her and heavy questioning for weeks and weeks. Hopefully eventually they break her.
But if it takes weeks and weeks the baby will Shirley be dead by then.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
BY
KATIE STRICKFeature writer
@KATIE_STRICK
44 minutes ago

Constance or “Toots”, as she was known to friends, disappeared with her partner Mark Gordon, a convicted sex offender, and their newborn baby on the morning of January 7 — two days after abandoning a burning car on a motorway near Manchester, and eight years after becoming estranged from her family, one of England’s most prominent aristocratic households, which has links to the royals.

I'm really feeling sorry for "Toots." She seems to be a real victim of her family and this man who took advantage of her.

Sarcasm?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The convicted rapist I think originally hailed from the UK, as he was deported back to the UK.

He spent 20 years in prison in the States from the age of 14. He is very American by now. The US has a way of dumping criminals in other countries so they don't have to deal with so many of these criminals.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
MET Police, News personnel and Sussex Police swarming over the bottom of Golf Drive, Hollingdean only moments ago, seen 3 Met meat wagons heading into the city in the last half an hour!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He spent 20 years in prison in the States from the age of 14. He is very American by now. The US has a way of dumping criminals in other countries so they don't have to deal with so many of these criminals.
I’ve no time for violent sex offenders either, whatever their age.

But I don’t blame the US authorities for getting shot of him once released. I think we deport convicted offenders too post prison …. except when the cottage industry of (some) lawyers step in to say we should protect the rapist or drug dealer’s human rights.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
MET Police, News personnel and Sussex Police swarming over the bottom of Golf Drive, Hollingdean only moments ago, seen 3 Met meat wagons heading into the city in the last half an hour!!
Lots of dog walkers use the area on the other side of the golf course. I have a feeling that area will be closed off soon. I'm not going up there today that's for sure. :(

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Her family certainly appear a tad f***ed up, with her dad going a bit broadside.

Hope they find the baby alive though sadly very unlikely

Dec 29, 2011
Black convicted rapist and white female from posh family. The media in this country are going to have an absolute field day with this. How long until she is also portrayed as the victim?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm guessing that explains the helicopter circling overhead last night

Lots of dog walkers use the area on the other side of the golf course. I have a feeling that area will be closed off soon. I'm not going up there today that's for sure. :(
If the poor little mite is to be found, it's far more likely to be as a result of a random dog walker or member of the public stumbling across him/her, rather than as a result of deployment of the police helicopter IMHO. Always assuming that was why it was in the air in the first place

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
It could be a coercive control type relationship.

I don't think there is any doubt she was vulnerable when their relationship started 7 years ago. The press have reported that she had returned 'brainwashed' from spending time with a cult in Nigeria.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
This is a truly baffling story, when I got off the train last night at Preston Park at about 23:08, I noticed there were helicopters circling around. When you look into it, its gets even weirder with the father, hope the baby is found, although its sadly not looking good. Must be something about Newhaven and disappearing Aristocracy.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
If the poor little mite is to be found, it's far more likely to be as a result of a random dog walker or member of the public stumbling across him/her, rather than as a result of deployment of the police helicopter IMHO. Always assuming that was why it was in the air in the first place

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Does it not have thermal camera technology, is that not why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here