[Albion] Consistent flow of fans leaving early every game

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
160 mile round trip.

I'll leave when I want.

Compare us to Palace: we have a bigger ground, more supporters and almost none who live locally (because the Amex is out of town, and unless you live on the uni campus or in Coldean you ain't local). The car parking and train arrangements add an hour to the journey for the full 90 minuters. For me that means getting home at 8 pm if it's a 3.00 pm KO, or at 1.00 in the morning if it's an evening KO. I could go on, but....

In contrast, shitehole park is much smaller, an inner city ghetto ground, and most of the locals live only a walk a way. This is 19th century football. Most of them probably find the lager and fast food outlets inside the ground, and the ambience, much more appealing than what the have at home. You can see their sad wistful little faces looking back longingly when the eventually leave their dump to trudge back to their cold damp bedsits. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because a huge percentage at the AMEX aren’t actually Brighton supporters.
We are, and always will be, a club with a relatively small support base and that won’t change the better we get- we will just get even more football tourists and second teamers, and people who value getting home to their sofas or into the restaurants over ten minutes of football. That’s just the way it. Modern football.

MMMMmmmmmmm........nnnnnnnno. No.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We are, and always will be, a club with a relatively small support base and that won’t change the better we get- we will just get even more football tourists and second teamers, and people who value getting home to their sofas or into the restaurants over ten minutes of football. That’s just the way it. Modern football.

Wrong and another Palace trope.

The Amex is a nice place to drink wine though.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I left the cinema once early as the film was complete pants. Some Tom Cruise movie I can barely rememeber. Please don't tell him in case the Scientology lot get on my case.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
160 mile round trip.

I'll leave when I want.

Compare us to Palace: we have a bigger ground, more supporters and almost none who live locally (because the Amex is out of town, and unless you live on the uni campus or in Coldean you ain't local). The car parking and train arrangements add an hour to the journey for the full 90 minuters. For me that means getting home at 8 pm if it's a 3.00 pm KO, or at 1.00 in the morning if it's an evening KO. I could go on, but....

In contrast, shitehole park is much smaller, an inner city ghetto ground, and most of the locals live only a walk a way. This is 19th century football. Most of them probably find the lager and fast food outlets inside the ground, and the ambience, much more appealing than what the have at home. You can see their sad wistful little faces looking back longingly when the eventually leave their dump to trudge back to their cold damp bedsits. :shrug:

Wow just wow…south Norwood an inner city ghetto, most fans live local, bedsits, etc… you need to get out of the middle class utopia that is Brighton.

I know it’s tongue in cheek but a lot of palace fans come from the south of Norwood, inner city Ghettos like Warlingham, woldingham Oxted and East grinstead or really rough places like Dulwich or Bromley. We can’t all live in leafy Whithawk or the tree lined roads of portslade.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Wrong and another Palace trope.

The Amex is a nice place to drink wine though.

Some truth in what he says.
I wouldn’t say there is a huge percentage at the Amex that don’t support the Albion, but there is definitely a percentage that don’t.
I’m sure we all know people that probably never set foot in Withdean but go now, I don’t mean kids.

I wouldn’t say we have a stadium full of die hard Albion fans, similar to many other PL teams, like he says “modern football”

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Every club in the world has early leavers, especially when you go 3-0 down at home, playing rubbish football and crap weather. I was on a coach so unfortunately wasn’t able to leave early (and I meant half time not when the third went in), so had to suffer the whole game. Anyway I’ll ask forgiveness now as I do have to leave early next week as I have a party to go to at 7pm.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
After a pleasant week at Watford and Man Ure, this was a total shambles and let down.

Delighted we left before 80, the first pre- final whistle exit since the Palace play-off.

Awful game.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I never leave before the end, but, from the A23 turn off on the A27 to the bridge car park took over an hour on the way to the ground yesterday.

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
I expected this backlash tbh, my point is that some of our fans seem to leave early to get that 15 minute advantage (which is what it is most of the time) or whatever it is getting home even when we're winning, is it really worth it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Left Henfield at 1.45, terrible traffic, sat in my seat just in time for the first goal. Those around me said I was fortunate to miss the first 15 or 20 minutes. My two usual seatmates hadn't made it and I had 2 empty seats either side. All I remember from the match was Duffy's long distance shot, Burnley's first goal and Sanchez's dive as the third sailed in. Beyond that, I've got nothing. I hung in there till the 88th minute, but with nothing to watch, I finally decided to run for The Bridge and prioritise getting to a cold home in the throes of a power cut that is still going now! I normally wait till the final whistle, but that match is best forgotten. I'll take the silver lining of Burnley closing the gap on Newcastle.

Traffic was crap….for example took over half n hour from Hollingbury turnoff to bottom of Coldean Lane

Oh and let’s not forget AL’s unchallenged header from about 20 feet out that didn’t even hit the target …it was only 0/1 then :facepalm:

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Actually it isn't. It's about time sanctimonious posters stop moaning about people leaving early. Try doing a doing a 6 hour round trip to watch yesterday's crap, then moan about early leavers who just wanna get home.

Most of our supporters live no more than an hour train journey away by what it seems, so what you're talking about is a bit different

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
File under 'Not this shite again'.

I have no issue with the people who leave early. I don't get it and would never do it, but that's life and it's up to them. I fully appreciate there are many reasons people leave before the final whistle.

HOWEVER...

Yesterday, at 3-0 down (and with about 12 mins to go?) a goal went it and swathes of people got up to leave. The only thing is, it was disallowed for offside, so the score remained 3-0. And yet those people still left the game. Why? If you're happy to sit there at 3-0 down – and they were – why would you then leave, when it was STILL 3-0?

Baffling.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No one could have been entertained by that non-effort.

Not surprised some bolted for the hills.

Live and let live.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I expected this backlash tbh, my point is that some of our fans seem to leave early to get that 15 minute advantage (which is what it is most of the time) or whatever it is getting home even when we're winning, is it really worth it?

Go for a slash on 70 minutes and you'll encounter a whole bunch of jolly boys enjoying a pint and a good ol' gas on the concourse. Same as at a gig. Plenty of punters having a beer in the bars when the main band is on. Different strokes for different folks eh?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Pretty much the first time I've left early, went on 75 mins, awful match, shite weather, to avoiding queuing in said shite weather and with no prospect of a comeback on that display we headed for the pub. No apologies from me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here