Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Conservative Party Conference

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We should all be thankful to Boris because he listed as many brexit benefits as he could. One of these was getting the european super league cancelled. Yes folks. Our prime minister has claimed he was able to stop it because of brexit.

That actually made me laugh out loud.

Millions will now believe it.

As always, all I can say is that the electorate always gets the government it deserves.

Jan 30, 2008
Boris is the first Tory leader since Thatcher to have enough about him to actually have the balls to make changes that affect peoples lives.

This week he has talked about "drift and dither" and it is true that his predecessors Cameron and May had no vision whatsoever, no cojones to tackle big issues like social care, environment, immigration, policing.

You are better off ignoring his words and look at his decisions to see where he is taking the country. A Hard Brexit, withdrawal of SEISS grant / furlough / £20 a week Universal Credit and no emergency visas other than those just to put a turkey on the table and Xmas presents under the tree says "Britain - get back to work." He is also putting pressure on employers to raise wages and has chastised them for relying on cheap Eastern European labour.

This is a risky strategy. What if British workers aren't prepared to fill the hospitality / care work / fruit and veg picker / HGV driver vacancies left behind by departing EU citizens?

What if they are prepared to fill those vacancies on increased wages ? The days of phone a friend in the EU are over with supressed wages hopefully coming to a end .
British jobs for British workers 🇬🇧

Regards
DF

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What if they are prepared to fill those vacancies on increased wages ? The days of phone a friend in the EU are over with supressed wages hopefully coming to a end .
British jobs for British workers 🇬🇧

Regards
DF

But increased wages without increased productivity just increases prices and pushes up interest rates. It won't be long under Johnson before inflation is out of control and people with mortgages are facing much higher monthly payments, so the result of Johnson in charge may well be higher wages but disposable income will actually be less, so most will actually be worse off.

Even the cost of the treasured blue passports will no doubt increase.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
But increased wages without increased productivity just increases prices and pushes up interest rates. It won't be long under Johnson before inflation is out of control and people with mortgages are facing much higher monthly payments, so the result of Johnson in charge may well be higher wages but disposable income will actually be less, so most will actually be worse off.

As Johnson enjoys his inflation happiness will be yet more real terms pay cuts for key workers? I see trouble ahead

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
That actually made me laugh out loud.

Millions will now believe it.

As always, all I can say is that the electorate always gets the government it deserves.

Ain't that the truth.
stupid.jpg

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

If you increase wages and increase productivity so that 3 people do the work that 5 used to do. 3 people will be paid more, 2 will be laid off, and the total wage costs will be lower.

No business will flood the market with their wares.

Jan 30, 2008

All hear say

Regards
DF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All hear say

Regards
DF

Tempted to read your take on the Boris gang....

Where, say?

Presumably you will believe every word if it is heresay (or heresy; your spelling and punctuation are not up to Englishman standard - I suspect you're foreign), given your addiction to Fake News websites ???

x

Flex Your Head

Boris on fire this morning and firing from the hip , what a inspirational man and made Starmer look like a wet lettuce.
No wonder he commands a eighty seat majority and long may it continue

Regards
DF

When the Hitler / Nazi fanboys start praising the government, you realise just how far right it's become.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's quite amusing seeing how many people are dead set against workers at the bottom end finally getting decent wage increases now the supply of endless imported cheap labour has gone. I'm sure they always thought about inflationary pressures when they were feathering there own nests ...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's quite amusing seeing how many people are dead set against workers at the bottom end finally getting decent wage increases now the supply of endless imported cheap labour has gone. I'm sure they always thought about inflationary pressures when they were feathering there own nests ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46918729

Not exactly cheap labour, a small reduction in certain sectors

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
"It has become clear to me that this isn’t just a joke – they really do want to rewrite our national story, starting with Hereward the Woke. We really are at risk of a kind of know-nothing cancel culture, know-nothing iconoclasm. We Conservatives will defend our history and cultural inheritance not because we are proud of everything, but because trying to edit it now is as dishonest as a celebrity trying furtively to change his entry in Wikipedia, and it’s a betrayal of our children’s education."

An interesting analogy, of all the instances of dishonesty he could have had. Maybe furtively editing his Wikipedia page was what his most recent act of disinformation was, but surely his back catalogue of bullshitting could have provided him a more colourful example than that?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

There’s farms offering up to 70k PA wages for seasonal work so we are letting crops rot, excess pigs be slaughtered etc and still our out of work can’t be motivated ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here