Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations Ashley Barnes

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
He formed his opinion and nothing has changed it despite the fact that Barnes has played in different positions as the manager warranted it. Of course he was trying to score points, or why else would he mention the length he has been a fan? It's irrelevant to the debate.
I wasn't trying to score points just putting into context how many Albion players I am comparing him with as Barrel of Fun has pointed out. I also mentioned that I was a season ticket holder at Withdean so that nobody had to tell me how many goals he scored in how many games at only 20 years of age......it didn't work. For those who unfortunately didn't get to watch the Albion in poyet's league winning season, we were so much better than nearly every team we played in my opinion numerous 20 year olds would have probably scored the same amount, if not more.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Put that one on ice then Ashley......Oscar keeps going on about missed chances. Barnes subbed twice and now dropped tells you what he thinks.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Reckon you could post the same bollocks response any more times?
Jealousy is such an unattractive trait.

Sorry, I had to post twice as I am jealous of your ability to post your many, excellent opinions in EVERY thread. :thumbsup:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Put that one on ice then Ashley......Oscar keeps going on about missed chances. Barnes subbed twice and now dropped tells you what he thinks.

I was disappointed when Oscar kept picking him . It looked like he was just copying poyets team-sheets from last season. I hoped after six games he may work out he is not good enough to start in the championship, turns out he didn't need that long.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I was disappointed when Oscar kept picking him . I hoped after six games he may work out he is not good enough to start him in the championship, turns out he didn't need that long.

:yawn:
We play one up front. Ash, at 23, is not as clinical as Leo, at 27.
No story here.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
:yawn:
We play one up front. Ash, at 23, is not as clinical as Leo, at 27.
No story here.

We play one up front, correct. But if there is no story then how come Barnes pretty much always started under Poyet then??? He has been dropped, that's the story all be it not a surprising one for some of us.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I almost posted earlier that he wouldn't start. Prior to leeds the pre match focus was buckley, who started on the bench. Prior to Newport it was kuszczak, who started on the bench. I couldn't remember who the focus was on last week so didn't bother posting. I suppose it may have been Andrews, since he had just signed, he was on the bench?

We should have learned by now, pre-match focus in local media = starting on the bench.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wasn't trying to score points just putting into context how many Albion players I am comparing him with as Barrel of Fun has pointed out. I also mentioned that I was a season ticket holder at Withdean so that nobody had to tell me how many goals he scored in how many games at only 20 years of age......it didn't work. For those who unfortunately didn't get to watch the Albion in poyet's league winning season, we were so much better than nearly every team we played in my opinion numerous 20 year olds would have probably scored the same amount, if not more.

If you had said the most over rated player in 30 years then, the context would have been clearer imo.

Murray scored 22, so numerous 27 year olds would have scored similar as well? Maybe a few 20 yr olds might have done the same as Barnes but numerous?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you had said the most over rated player in 30 years then, the context would have been clearer imo.

Murray scored 22, so numerous 27 year olds would have scored similar as well? Maybe a few 20 yr olds might have done the same as Barnes but numerous?
Can't you just deal with the fact that DumLum doesn't rate him? It would be so much easier than posting a load of protracted, tiresome and uncalled for nonsense about playing top trumps. ???

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
We play one up front, correct. But if there is no story then how come Barnes pretty much always started under Poyet then??? He has been dropped, that's the story all be it not a surprising one for some of us.

Well he's "pretty much always started" under Oscar, no? So far its the same story as before: Barnes usually starts but sometimes doesn't. So no, not surprising but rotation in a squad should never be a real surprise.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't you just deal with the fact that DumLum doesn't rate him? It would be so much easier than posting a load of protracted, tiresome and uncalled for nonsense about playing top trumps. ???

One post where I took his post out of context is protracted? Ok Simster.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Well he's "pretty much always started" under Oscar, no? So far its the same story as before: Barnes usually starts but sometimes doesn't. So no, not surprising but rotation in a squad should never be a real surprise.

Thank you for showing me why I blocked kevtherev

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
On a related note, how many other members of the squad are in the 100 club?

I'd assume Bridcutt, Greer and El-Abd. Anyone else?

Not sure about Bridcutt and Greer given their suspensions but if not they would be close. I think it's a safe bet Calde will make it at some point too.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ooh good. I can bounce this for the next match now. Still 99 starts, but 150 appearances. Yay. And we scored within 5 minutes of Ashley joining the fray. Probably just a coincidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here