Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations Ashley Barnes

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Well done Ashley, Not bad stats for somebody that is "absolute garbage" according to some on here. I for one think he is rather good! Well done Barnesy... prove your doubters ignorant.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Most over rated player for years. Heaven knows how he's played that many games. I would imagine he had some sort of dirt on Gus and threatened to reveal all if he was dropped.
You do realise that your idiotic comment, apart from being idiotic is libellous? Your non-stop assault on one of our players is more tedious than the Palace trolls who infect this place.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Most over rated player for years. Heaven knows how he's played that many games. I would imagine he had some sort of dirt on Gus and threatened to reveal all if he was dropped.

Not a Barnes fan eh? You've kept that quiet...

You do realise that your idiotic comment, apart from being idiotic is libellous? Your non-stop assault on one of our players is more tedious than the Palace trolls who infect this place.

I wouldn't mind so much his opinion of Barnes if he actually went to games, as it is he's just trying a bit too hard to be a controversial.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The pro Barnes lobby make me chuckle, they always, ALWAYS, revert to personal abuse when this type of discussion has been on the forum,.... Polls have revealed in the past that its a reasonable split between the yays and nays, just accept that as an example of free democratic thinking........ but please stop this drivel about anti Barnes contributors "having no clue about football tactics"...."wouldn't recognise a decent footballer under any conditions"....." you're an idiot...",.....

All these type of statements just dilute your key message.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013

Is that really what you're trying to reduce this to? Some "dirt on Gus"?

Good grief.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
The pro Barnes lobby make me chuckle, they always, ALWAYS, revert to personal abuse when this type of discussion has been on the forum,.... Polls have revealed in the past that its a reasonable split between the yays and nays, just accept that as an example of free democratic thinking........ but please stop this drivel about anti Barnes contributors "having no clue about football tactics"...."wouldn't recognise a decent footballer under any conditions"....." you're an idiot...",.....

You're an idiot!

The anti Barnes lobby make me angry when all they ever post is "He's shit, get rid".

There have been stats posted regarding his contributions which are skirted around by the anti's almost every time, he is a young player who has scored goals while being played out of position in the main, he does seem to have an attitude problem I'll grant you that but he does have ability.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The anti Barnes lobby make me angry when all they ever post is "He's shit, get rid".

Yes, but that's an opinion on one side of the debate, it is allowed you know.
Stats can never present the whole picture, I am sure there were stats that supported the selection of Emile Heskey and/or Carlton Palmer in the England setup, that didn't, however, mask the fact that the vast majority of supporters thought they were both absolute 'bobbins'.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
People seem to go crazy every time Barnes scores a goal. Anyone would think that is not actually what he is paid to do and it's a bonus that he chips in with a few. I don't think I can ever recall a Brighton and Hove Albion player at this level, miss as many chances as Barnes does, you certainly would put your shirt on him to stick a chance away when it mattered.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Congratulations Ashley-still only 23 and a lot more seasons with Albion please.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
:bowdown:

Aye Aye Ashley

brighton_118600k.jpg
article-2312077-196702BA000005DC-335_634x422.jpg
brighton-arsenal_2.jpg
ashley-barnes_1974553c.jpg

Barnes v Palace

Barnes v Champions League Holders