Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations Ashley Barnes

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Most over rated player for years. Heaven knows how he's played that many games. I would imagine he had some sort of dirt on Gus and threatened to reveal all if he was dropped.
In my opinion the most over-rated Albion player I've seen. Been a fan since 1979. Formed my opinion of him as a season ticket holder at withdean and he hasn't done anything to change my mind at the Amex. I would like to see him move to Palace to see the reaction of his supporters. I expect he would become useless overnight as Glen Murray did and Murray was and still is different class.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In my opinion the most over-rated Albion player I've seen. Been a fan since 1979. Formed my opinion of him as a season ticket holder at withdean and he hasn't done anything to change my mind at the Amex. I would like to see him move to Palace to see the reaction of his supporters. I expect he would become useless overnight as Glen Murray did and Murray was and still is different class.

If we're playing Top Trumps, I've been a fan since 1961, watched him play for Plymouth against us, as a loan player and then at Withdean & the Amex. He is a good player, despite your predjudiced opinion.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If we're playing Top Trumps, I've been a fan since 1961, watched him play for Plymouth against us, as a loan player and then at Withdean & the Amex. He is a good player, despite your predjudiced opinion.

I don't think Dumlum was trying to score points with who has been the longest fan. More so to suggest he has seen us regularly for a long time and still believes that Barnes is the most overrated player he has seen.

Why is his opinion prejudiced?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think Dumlum was trying to score points with who has been the longest fan. More so to suggest he has seen us regularly for a long time and still believes that Barnes is the most overrated player he has seen.

Why is his opinion prejudiced?

He formed his opinion and nothing has changed it despite the fact that Barnes has played in different positions as the manager warranted it. Of course he was trying to score points, or why else would he mention the length he has been a fan? It's irrelevant to the debate.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
People seem to go crazy every time Barnes scores a goal. Anyone would think that is not actually what he is paid to do and it's a bonus that he chips in with a few. I don't think I can ever recall a Brighton and Hove Albion player at this level, miss as many chances as Barnes does, you certainly would put your shirt on him to stick a chance away when it mattered.

You evidently forget the amount of sitters a certain Glenn Murray missed for us. Still, do carry on...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
In my opinion the most over-rated Albion player I've seen. Been a fan since 1979. Formed my opinion of him as a season ticket holder at withdean and he hasn't done anything to change my mind at the Amex.

His 20 goals in 49 matches at the age of 20 not good enough for you eh?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
His 20 goals in 49 matches at the age of 20 not good enough for you eh?

Exactly, he is a decent league 1 striker.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Y'all posting in a 'Congratulations Ashley Barnes' thread.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He formed his opinion and nothing has changed it despite the fact that Barnes has played in different positions as the manager warranted it. Of course he was trying to score points, or why else would he mention the length he has been a fan? It's irrelevant to the debate.

"In 30 years, I've never known a more overrated player". I don't see it at point scoring, more to give it some context.

I've been a fan since 1990 and never seen a player as poor as Ashley Neal.

I think our best ever striker was Bobby Zamora. Woah! Rubbish. What about Peter Ward? Oh sorry, I've only been a fan since 1990.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The anti Barnes lobby make me angry when all they ever post is "He's shit, get rid".

There have been stats posted regarding his contributions which are skirted around by the anti's almost every time, he is a young player who has scored goals while being played out of position in the main, he does seem to have an attitude problem I'll grant you that but he does have ability.

Must admit I don't see it as an attitude problem, he just has edge!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
At 20 he was, yes. He's now 23 and is a decent Championship striker. I reckon I know where he'll be at 26.

Crawley?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
At 20 he was, yes. He's now 23 and is a decent Championship striker. I reckon I know where he'll be at 26.

Crawley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here