Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Me too - that's why I was in the vicinity. Had to move my car as parked in the three hour bays, went to get a paper and there they were.

I should think they've just finished their starters by now so plenty of time to stroll across the park and up the road to check it out......probably a Sky Sports camera crew there already lol....

Me three, hence the work lunches there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
this video is almost watchable, as long as you turn that bloody awful music off :lol:

Oh dear, oh dear. How good was that!

Do you think he might make it on the pitch as a stand-in for Dicker so the Noone/LuaLua time-share can continue? Haven't ever seen that much class in a blue and white shirt

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Oh my god its going to happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But in this case the medical surely isnt a formality?

depends on what sort of deal/cover is required. no fee and if a short contract, medical becomes is a low bar.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Hi. I have seen a few quotes.

First of all, I'm not trolling here (I'm from Valencia and I have seen him play since he was 16).

Second, I didn't say that he is the 2004 Vicente, but the games that I have seen him play in the last 2 seasons, he shows that he can be at 60-70 % of that if he plays regularly every week. He can easily do 12 goals and 12 assists at least (in 2009 he scored 10 goals playing only 1800 minutes). I'll find a few links to watch his last games with Valencia, so you can check who he is right now. For example, this one is from august last year: the official presentation in Mestalla against Fiorentina. The result was 0-0, Vicente came off the bench and...2 perfect crosses to the heads of Soldado and Aduriz in 5 minutes and 2-0 (I'm not allowed to post links, so you can go to Youtube and search: "Vuelve Vicente - Pretemporada 2010-2011.TS")

About why he would sign for your club...the last 4 seasons have been very hard for him, not playing regularly, that is the worst thing for his style of play (first the storming season of Koeman and then the 3 seasons with Unai Emery) and his main desire right now is to play regularly every week and he wanted to go to England, so he has rejected offers in Spain, Russia and Turkey.

His stats (399 games in 11 seasons and 65 goals...have in mind his bad seasons playing less than 30 matches). From Ciberche.net (I can't post links, sorry)

And thanks to those saying that my English is not that bad...that's good for my selfsteem, hahaha.

Thanks for the info. Here is the link you was trying to do:

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
One more thing, as I have seen many comments saying that your team doesn't need another winger, he can play as second striker (in fact he started playing there in Levante, but seeing that he was superfast, the starting placing him on the left to take profit of his speed). He is a classic winger (dribbling up de sideline and cross) but he can play cutting inside as well and as I said before, he can play as second striker.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
One more thing, as I have seen many comments saying that your team doesn't need another winger, he can play as second striker (in fact he started playing there in Levante, but seeing that he was superfast, the starting placing him on the left to take profit of his speed). He is a classic winger (dribbling up de sideline and cross) but he can play cutting inside as well and as I said before, he can play as second striker.

Would come in handy, especially with the 5 sub rule. We need all the versatile players we can get (like Vincelot).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He looks to be able to cross the ball with great accuracy.

Maybe that's why Gus was looking for a striker with "presence". Someone with a bit of height who is a decent scorer by headers.

That's probably a threat we lack up front at present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here